Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish skiing pictures

Poster: A snowHead
I'm shamelessly pimping part of my treasure trove of recent skiing photos. wink I skied weeks in the Arlberg & Verbier too last season but the stand out days were in Scotland Cool ...

Igloo at Glenshee

Inversion

A sporty line into Coire An Lochan at Nevis Range

Skier approaching lochan

Cairngorms sidecountry

Sneachda powder at Cairngorm

Spikes at Nevis Range

Going back for more

Nevis Range chairlift

Wide open slopes at Glenshee

Hard work but worth it at Nevis

Turns out of Easy Gully at Nevis

Nevis backcountry

The promise of Glencoe powder

And perfect Glencoe views

Cairngorms and lochs

Under Summit Gulley at Nevis

Sastrugi in the Cairngorms

Late season at Cairngorm resort

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-10-12 22:28; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very nice.

My memories of skiing in Scotland are not quite so universally blue sky-ed snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great photos. Not been to Scotland since I was a kid - makes me want to go for sure!!!

Kersh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great shots! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Some of those photos of easy Gully are rocky! Were they in March?
I'm trying to make out the "under Summit Gully" photo. Is summit Gully to the right of the ridge below - with the skier on the right hand edge of Skips? Or are we lower, having traversed high left from summit gully, so we are now on Skips lower slope?

Hope you can make it for the Snowheads weekend and/or a day or two each side. I'd love to ski Nevis with you and learn more about some of the other areas.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 17-10-12 14:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't, you're making me homesick.

So many awesome days at Nevis and the Coe.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevomcd, from your location it looks like you've got a tolerable substitute wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Aye, but you can still have rose-tinted specs about being the only person riding the back coires at Nevis because the chair's not running.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2nd photo is great.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevomcd, true.
Where exactly are you living? Are you at Ste Foy all year?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball, I live in Sainte Foy all year round. This is me: www.whiteroomchalet.com !

I've actually just bought my own place just down the valley a bit, but will be a while before we're able to move in (mega-renovation project being all we could afford).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh yes, I seriously considered that last season for my group of 6. Went to another Scot at The Auberge sur the Montagne instead.
Do you know Chris Harrop who we ski with?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another couple to add to moffatross's collection...

Sneachda

on the ridge just above Sneachda

Coronation at Cairngorm

Cairngorms

Ross on trek out... dam those skis with no brakes

Looking forward to more of the same this season Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, no, doesn't ring a bell.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ha ha shoogly, I remember that boulder field trek very well, pishing myself laughing, sweating like a porker, juggling naughty skis and having one leg or the other plunging into a hidden abyss every other step. Laughing Hope we can do it again with snow cover all the way out next time.

snowball, the area looking down to the right of that photo (other side of ridge) is the summit gully proper, and in reality, the snow immediately in front is Spikes which has a marginally steeper entrance but a wider, whoopier, big smiles bowl. That whole corrie area under the summit cairn is best seen in 7'th photo 'going back for more' with summit left of ridge which divides photo in 1/2, and spikes right. Easy gully pix were taken on 28th April this year.

And steveomcd is right about the best days in the back being those when the Braveheart isn't running but as it goes, that's pretty much all of them. Cool

Thanks for the nice comments folks and yep, the chances of perfect blue sky days versus a mix of white, grey and clag isn't worth a bet but Scotland wouldn't be Scotland without a good mix of both and fine weather photos are so much nicer. And if they make some people homesick and others want to try Scotland for 1st time / come back and do it all over again, well so much the better Little Angel
snow conditions
My one pic from my one trip up to Cairngorm this year, I think it was late March or April.

latest report
stevomcd wrote:
snowball, no, doesn't ring a bell.

He's English but has lived there for many years. He lives above the old Ste Foy village. He is a qualified ski guide but now makes much more money building and renovating chalets (and running a few). Really fun to ski with - he skis hard.
snow report
Quote:

My one pic from my one trip up to Cairngorm this year, I think it was late March or April.

Well it wasn't March, we can be sure of that!! Sad

Prob last weekend of April 28th/29th, but could be 12/13th May from a quick flick through my pics.
snow conditions
Here's one from the Cas Carpark on Saturday 12th May 2012:

snowHead
ski holidays
Winterhighland wrote:
Quote:

Well it wasn't March, we can be sure of that!! Sad

Prob last weekend of April 28th/29th, but could be 12/13th May from a quick flick through my pics.

Your right, checked the date, it was the last weekend of April, I remember chatting to a local on one of the T bars, he was commenting that it was the best day of the season so far.

Only 3 or 4 weeks later it was reading 30cegC on the thermometer at the Red Squirrel cafe, I think this was on or close to the last day of the season.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy