Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Ski and board show

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking about heading down to the ski show in Glasgow that's on this weekend, has anyone else been and is it any good?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. No.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went to last year's Ski show at the SECC. My first attendance at this sort of event. Left distinctly underwhelmed I am afraid and won't be returning this year.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh.........thanks for the input, I have been given some tickets for free so i will give it a bash and report back to see if it has improved, hope it has but I guess I will see.
Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also went last year and thought it was a waste of money
Worth going if you've got free tickets though. Very Happy
i reckon if there were more stalls to look round it would have been better; maybe bigger this year. Think you could get good holiday deals by the looks of things but we book our holidays early as I'm impatient!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went last year at the SECC.

Thought it was a great deal as entry price included free lift pass for skiing in Scotland. Me and the girlfriend went... and got a lift pass voucher for 2 entirely different places... bug!

The show itself was average, if it wasn't for the Oakley store it would have been a bit tame though...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was worth going for the free lift pass (that I didn't use).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went two years ago and wasn't worth going. It might have improved??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hope it's improved. We're going on Saturday. The offer of 7 days for 5 lift Chamonix passes swung it as we are going to Courmayer in March.

At worst, it's a day out
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scottish Scrutineer, is the offer for the Mont Blanc Unlimited pass?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller,
It appears to be:
Quote:
This year's headline sponsor, Chamonix, will be offering visitors the chance to have two free days skiing when they purchase a seven day ski pass for the price of five.

The MBU pass can be used in three countries and is valid on all lifts in the Chamonix Valley, the Aiguille du Midi, The Montenvers, Verbier and Courmayeur.

To get hold of this amazing deal visit the Chamonix stand where they'll have this and a whole host of other great offers!
from the website

The potential saving outweighs the cost of the show (even including the SECC parking Evil or Very Mad)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well I went along today and I was pleasantly surprised - I got some gear for my kids - helmets £10, Scott poles for me and he had a chat to some people about deals in Jan for chalet's and stuff so all in all it was good - the ramp was a bit tame as the kids jumping off them never seem to be able to land without falling but the guys on the bikes were AMAZING, seriously skilled and the kids had a good time watching that and riding the bull so they didn't moan.....too much.

All in all worth it for me and I will probably pop back next year if I am off that weekend.

8 out of 10 if I had to give it marks.

Cheers for the info and all the opinions
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It wasn't too bad. We spent a few hours there, not a patch on the London show, very limited retailers, with small (expensive?) stands.

However, picked up a couple of bargains; waxing iron, wax, a pair of Hestras each (at 15% off). Spent some time chatting to the reps on the Ski Olympic and MGS/Val Cenis stands, might consider them next year. Also entered some competitions for free holidays, might get lucky.

My main issues was the £6 parking ransom and expensive refreshments at SECC. I'd expect a hall at Ingliston would be cheaper for all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy