Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for Jan 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lookking for resort suggestions for me and a mate in Jan 2013. Both intermediate skiiers (reds and blacks), early 40's, looking for great skiing rather than great nightlife, but somewhere to have a beer at night would be good. Have skied many resorts in Europe, but can't decide where this year. Cost not too important, but lets say under £1000, all in, each. All suggestiions welcome. Last three years locations; Dolomites, La Plagne, Saalbach.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes
Les Arcs 1950/2000
Mottaret

would be my choice with that budget in January.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi stew72,

If you think that the Paradiski area would suit again, then our Chalet Campanules in Les Coches might work.

We've got availability 6th - 13th Jan for £450pp fully catered and there is a liftpass upgrade offer running that week, giving you a Paradiski pass for the price of a La Plagne pass.

Details via the link below . . .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stew72, If you have not skii'd in the Portes du Soleil, give us a try in Morzine. Great skiing in a huge area, and a nice Savoyarde town with great restaurants and bars for the evenings.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you have experienced Austrian Après and enjoyed it, anywhere else will be flat by comparison. Especially after the party atmosphere in Saalbach! As far as the skiing is concerned, the world is your oyster, so value for money should be your best friend.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stew72, Tignes - mountainsun have a place that would suit you guys.

Espace Killy would challenge and thrill you

And in Jan it's best to go high if booking early

Snow and Sunshine,'s gaff would also work but as you've been to Lynda La Plange then you'd want to get over the Vanoise and ski Les Arcs for variety

If Austria appeals again then St Anton would work - bonkers nitelife optional
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl?

Great lift system & good pistes, plenty of choice of hotel styles & standards.

Plenty of opportunity for a beer in the evening if you want that. Only downside when I was there (January 2012) was the smaller bars still allowed smoking, as a non smoker it was strange to go 'back in time' to smelling of smoke after a beer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still places on this in Jan:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2102527&highlight=#2102527
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stew72, With the fear of being a bit 'teton' on you, and certainly not recommending going down the search option... why not have a flick through all the trip reports http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=8 and take your pick?
Your criteria is pretty general and probably appropriate to most ski areas in Europe... so take a look and see what floats your boat... wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stew72,
Good intermediate skiing and a beer at night is not the most exacting criteria and many resorts whould keep you happy. Most resorts would hope to have decent snow in january but there is often a difference between accepable snow and really great conditions. No one can predict where great conditions are likely but a lst minute booking gives you athe best chance of finding thema nd getting a good deal with jsut two people going low season ther is alot for saying wait and see.
If not, personaly I think the Arlberg has fabulous skiing, usually good january snow and an enjoyable ambience for a couple of blokes drinking beer.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stew72, Serre Chevalier? Great skiing, quite varied, good sense of travel, resorts at town/village level with some good restaurants and bars - look at Monetiers, Chantemerle or Villeneuve. The first two probably offer the wider variety of ski to within 100m-200m of accommodations down at resort level.

If you have the flexibility, then T Bar's suggestion about perhaps waiting for the snow/deals would be my advice too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bad Gastein would probably suit you both. More info at www.skigastein.com or drop me a line. We may have somewhere for you to stay too! wink

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy