Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap Ski Bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just bought some skis, they're 180cm long. As title, looking for a cheap ski bag which will protect them. Any recommendations/good places to buy? Perhaps you have one for sale, open to anything.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3thr3e, There's usually a good selection available on this website:

http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/B/SnoKart_snowboard_bags_ski_bags_luggage_bags_with_wheels-(425).aspx?category=38

However, I ended up buying mine direct from Snokart in the end, worked out slightly cheaper p+p (during off season). Snokart are a little expensive compared to some I suppose, but there's less guarantee that a cheap bag will actually protect your skis of course...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's an old trick but you can beef up the protection of your skis in a cheaper bag by using some lengths of foam pipe insulation on the exposed edges of the skis, held in place with some elastic bands. Similarly an piece of old camping mat can be wrapped around the binding to give a bit more padding.
I've protected my board like this in transit for years and never had a problem despite a relatively cheap boardbag i've had for about 12 years.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Decathlon is your friend - I have picked up a very well made bag that will cope with even very long skis for £25. Worth checking out their website and visiting. They do cheaper bags but not sure they will be long enough.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Decalthlon, they had some bootbag and ski bags in there quite cheap yesterday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i know where you can get a good bootbag, either a heated one or not
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, that wouldn't be anywhere around Bicester, perchance??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The SnoKart stuff is VERY well made.. I've gone for the full BlackKart kit and it is solid. The only issue is that my 182 skis are about the longest you could fit in it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RattytheSnowRat, we do sell a boot bag or two, but you can get them in many places
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
feef, I looked at that one as well, most impressive but I thought it would be just too large for my needs. I ended up with the Double Ski Roller Bag 185 in the end. As you say, very well made - I'm really pleased with it Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Windymiller wrote:
+1 for Decalthlon, they had some bootbag and ski bags in there quite cheap yesterday.

A brand new Decathlon store opened its doors in Coventry this week. I've just come back from there and they had a decent selection of wed'ze gear, including ski and boot bags (as well as base layers and socks that I ended up buying) Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

a decent selection of wed'ze gear

I'm not sure you are allowed to the word 'decent' in connection with the word 'wed'ze' ....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RattytheSnowRat, hmm, not the best gear money can buy to be fair, but not the worse either. I've got one of their down filled jackets - am pretty pleased with it though, just as toasty as the equivalent north face or berghaus counterpart, but was around £40 cheaper Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy