Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bucket List - What's On Yours?

Poster: A snowHead
Lot's on the list but one is to get rated for fixed wing in to Courchevel Altiport, then I could fly in, ski, then fly out.. Got me thinking now.... EuroMillions tonight anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be hospitalised by a naked lady avalanche.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tiffin wrote:
Be hospitalised by a naked lady avalanche.
Not being heavily into SM (and having survived a snow avalanche unscathed), I would prefer it just require recuperation rather than hospitalisation.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 16-10-12 14:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boat skiing Antartica

buy and move to a little place in La Grave
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski and mountainy things? Hrm.

In no particular order:

- A year in BC.
- Hike the Torres del Paine.
- Climb el Capitan.
- Ski Chomolhari.
- (something awesome in New Zealand, whose mountains I know far too little about)
- Haines, duh.
- The Bernese Oberland haute route.
- A few weeks in Hokkaido.
- Not get eaten by a bear in Svalbard.
- Ski Mt. Vinson.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow, I'd go for all those, plus Hokkaido powder through the beech woods on our local hill Madeye-Smiley

Non ski related stuff:

Laps of Spa, the 'ring, Leguna Seca, Bruno and the Brands GP circuit in the car / on the bike as appropriate plus fishing, catch a UK Salmon, plus a Catfish and Carp trip to the Ebro.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Private Pilots License
(for spotting the good stashes to ski)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I forgot to mention my most important item which is to be still skiing reasonably well when I'm 80. Since I am 64 this is not so far away really. Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My main goal for this season is to ski this mountain in the background down the widest face in this photo, after climbing the visible center ridge:

Also all of this is right next to it so exploring that seems like a good plan and only an hour and a half out of Reykjavik:

Then it's hopefully another ten days touring up north over Easter. A few days heliskiing up north if I can work out how to afford it and get the time off.

In the future it's pretty much ski where ever and have fun trying to find the places people will be lusting after next if that's possible.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Need someone to take photos?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

- Build my own utterly impractical and uncompromised pure powder ski, called the Poseidon (Master of the Deep)

Classic. TM that sharpish.

This name is claimed, copyrighted, trademarked, etc, er... That do it?

Topsheets will feature Poseidon wrestling the Loch Ness Monster.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow wrote:

and

Skiing on the seven continents - Africa and Antarctica to go

I read a TR not long ago about skiing in Uganda. Involved a multi day treck through a swamp for a few hundred metres of wind-scoured glacial ice...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999 wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

- Build my own utterly impractical and uncompromised pure powder ski, called the Poseidon (Master of the Deep)

Not the Kraken?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Pow wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

Not the Kraken?

Hmm. Will have to have a think...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29 wrote:
Quote:

A week touring from the hut used in the Arlberg 'Hike2Ride' video

clarky999, +1

Watched it again on Sunday evening just gone, awesome eh? I have the contact details of the guy who runs the hut so its deffo on my list and will be doing some more intel work on it this winter with some guys I know in the area. Will let you know by PM if I get decent info. Cycled it in summer again and took loads of photos up there, maps dont do it justice, thats one of my favourite places and skiing up there would be the best.............dont know if I'm good enough though to do it justice! Cool

That'd be great, please!
snow conditions
Mike Pow, presuming you're replying to me you should ski it as well! It's a sustained 45 degree slope and usually a lot more filled in than that picture. Main problem is catching it in condition and getting up there, although there is an easy swing round the back rather than heading up the ridge which is around PD to climb. I didn't manage to find a weekend with it in condition and favourable weather last year though. Sad
latest report
Sounds great.

Before 14 November (ha ha) or after 17 April 2013.

Hope you (and I) get the chance this winter.
snow conditions
That'll be option B then! Smile
latest report
good thread, i need to think about this one! keeping it to about 10 could be hard.
latest report
Quote:

Not get eaten by a bear in Svalbard.

Don't think much of that one - I've not been eaten by a bear in loads of places. Laughing
snow report
What's to do before I die?

Chemmy Alcott.

Next question..
ski holidays
Good thread, but it's made me realise that I have very few dreams and aspirations.

Maybe this'll happen one day...

1) Take my camera kit on the slopes and actually come back with some half-decent material
2) Go sea trout fishing in Terra del Fuego
3) Have the balls to do a kicker with a front lip height of more than 30cm
4) Not run out of dreams and aspirations so quickly Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy