Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flims, Laax and Falera 20012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Just to start the thread off.

This will be my Home for the season. So I will be updating the thread as often as I can.

Today's update

Snow in the Village Very Happy

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dwarf Vader, very nice snowHead

I presume you're working there?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc wrote:
Dwarf Vader, very nice snowHead

I presume you're working there?

Yep, to be accurate I will be in Laax Murschetg about 100metres from the lifts and ski in.

Sneak peek of my website - still WIP

ReLAAX in the mountains
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dwarf Vader, very scary photo!! wink

The first time I was there, Murschetg was just a base station with a big car park. The next time there were a few shops too. It's obviously expanding; it's a great ski area though!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, that car park is now a 3-storey underground car park (that was a BIG hole) and built up to the level of the Laaxerhof hotel; there are now 7 new apartment blocks in the very centre of Murschetg with shops and bars in their ground floors and they've effectively created a great "front de neige" central area (seems odd to use a French phrase for a Romantsch speaking village but there you go). They've done a great job IMV - you should come back and see Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch, I may well do snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sitting on the balcony in the sunshine, Was hoping to get up to the glacier this weekend but that pesky Fohn wind is playing havoc higher up so the lifts are closed. Lets hope tomorrow is better.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just been announced: No skiing this weekend Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Conditions under foot very good, blue skies and sunshine. only the two runs open with a not to bad queue for the T-bars and a great bratwurst and chips. Over all a good day.

BTW a small park was there about 5 rails and a few small kickers, not been a park rat myself it seemed ok and it was getting lots of use.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow is forecast from tomorrow everywhere that matters, reaching village level by Thursday Happy Shame I'm playing an overnight gig on Sat/Sun Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowing like a loony

I'm not there until tomorrow, full report then Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laax
I'm in Laax for a few days, It's looking good, A bit windy on top today but the snow is great.
Full report with pic's in my blog http://relaaxinthemountains.ch/?p=193

Dumping down tonight

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And still it snows....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today conditions on the hill were cloudy, colder but with no wind to speak of.
Red 66 was again a lot of fun and a bit of a challenge in the poor/flat light as it’s got it all, hard patches, powder piles and boarders doing their thing in the middle of the piste.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As for the last few days the conditions under ski are excellent. Today just had a strong very cold wind blowing across the slopes. However it’s still snowing.

Walking around the resort you can see it ramping up to opening up, roads been cleared,signs going up, places opening up daily and a great big christmas tree erected at the base station.

latest report
Really nice underfoot, more pistes are opening all the time. Bit windy today but warmer than last week, forecast is for a warmer weekend with yet more snow, but going cold again next week.
snow conditions
Great conditions today, the sun even showed up, warmed up a lot with a drop in the wind.
The resort is opening up now, with a local race over the last few days and a market on the bottom of the home run today it is looking good.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 15-12-12 18:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Bah humbug ......
latest report
Super conditions, 99% open now. Blue skies this morning clouded over this afternoon turned the light flat. Resort is busyish, problerly feels busy but on thinking about it, not compared to other resorts, no queues and away from the front runs, clear pistes.
snow report
Lush.....
ski holidays
Dumping down, 4 inches since we fed at resort level. Looking good for tmw. (via SMS)
snow report
Odd combination of heavy night snow fall a very warm morning and high winds has closed a lot of the higher slopes, meaning the lower are in a lot of use. Early finish today for a gluhwein. Very Happy
snow conditions
Good stuff today.Talk about warm +20c on the balcony, cooling up nicely now.
snow conditions
Apre ski

snow report
started with a good amount of sunshine then clouded over creating very flat light. Snow forcasted for tomorrow. Very Happy
snow report
oddly overcast day, with breaks in the cloud and some snow. more of the same tomorrow
snow report
Good conditions today, resort is very busy, a few lift queues which is unheard off. Hopefully grtting less busy next week. [size=8:373a118ab6\](via SMS)
snow conditions
Snowing now and looks like more over the next few days Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking good for Friday... Couple of inches on the balcony at village level from the decent amount of snow fallen from 5pm Thurs.
latest report
Looks like it has not stopped all night and still going. First time here so no idea what will be open...
snow report
fatmansan, I'll be in resort in a few hours. My local knowledge says it's the winds that closes the higher lifts which may happen this weekend.
If you want a meet up let me know.
latest report
Dwarf Vader, cheers, only just got back from an epic day. You were right, top lifts were shut and viz was pretty flat for much of the day but the knee deep powder made up for it. One liftie claimed 50cm at the top and I think he wasn't far off!
snow report
cold but excellent light powder.

ski holidays
A great day was had. Mostly sun but the odd cloud passing, really good under foot. Main cable car broke down for a short while but that did creat a larger queue then was needed infront of me on the bubble up but the slopes made up for it. Nice light powder and pistes than were fun to ski on.
ski holidays
Cold but just so good. Very Happy

latest report
cold very strong wind high up , wrap up well. Conditions under ski very good. sun is out. (via SMS)
ski holidays
just look at this trip report, just beautiful
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=46008
ski holidays
much more grey today. Light flat and its Snowing Smile wind has dropped a lot to. Heard some other swiss resorts have closed because of it. (via SMS)
ski holidays
did I say very very flat light. It needs to be said. (via SMS)
ski holidays
infact its a white out. (via SMS)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy