Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
a2thak, if you're there now my info is a little out of date.

Snowed a little bit several nights last week which freshened up the slopes and off piste, still decent snow to be found in the trees although the wind got to much of the upper areas. However it also rained twice lower down which trashed the snow near the valley and made the end of the home runs very icy.

30cm of fresh stuff on Friday night made for a lovely Saturday morning.... and now I suppose you cna take over with some current snow conditions!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

the end of the home runs very icy.

Serre Che, stay high and then download if the weather's a little iffy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carlos the Slackal, my New Years resolution is to get to the end of the season without downloading.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells, after all, it must be good practice (or something) dealing with those icy conditions.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells wrote:
Carlos the Slackal, my New Years resolution is to get to the end of the season without downloading.

A fine ambition! Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dobby, it isn't always icy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Carlos the Slackal wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

A fine ambition! Happy

Especially as the dog leg towards the bottom of Aya (monetier for those who don't know) is where my hubby was hit from behind and broke his neck. When conditions are less than perfect it's a bit of a bottleneck.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Son-in-law and asundry mates out there now. Driving conditions challenging on the Lauteret yesterday but the new snow should keep things in good shape in the resort. I'll get a report from him in a day or two and post it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells, broke his neck? Blinkety flip. Sets me up for the forthcoming week, that one!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dobby, ah you'll be fine wink.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not a detailed report (sorry) but the boys say they are having a fantastic time. Great weather today but very cold. Yesterday it was also very windy.

Cloud cover and some snow are forecast over the next few days so there should be no general thaw.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like there will be a few snowHeads in Serre Chevalier on the week commencing 16th March.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=97638&highlight=
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How are the conditions likely to be at Easter this year? Thinking about travelling on the 30th March.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
musher, snow is very good at the moment. I'd say from experience that it will still be fine at the end of March.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells,

Thanks. Will the cross country still be functional then?
ski holidays
musher, couldn't say for certain sorry. You will be able to ski back to the villages, but as the cross-country is in the valley and not at altitude it will be dependent on whether there are warm spells between now and then.
snow report
Hells Bells,

Mrs M says that she doesn't mind, but we all know there's nothing worse than a frustrated skier wink

Serre Che is looking favourite at the moment.
ski holidays
musher, currently the ski du fond is ok ( you can check that out on the Cams), like HB says will all depend on how warm it might get, though currently it's looking a lot better than this time last year. If you have transport then the cross country pistes at Montgenevre down into Clavierre should be ok, as well as further up the Cerviere valley (route Napoleon) at Laus as well as Nevache valley. Fingers crossed as I'm hoping to do a lot more X/C this year, and would like to get up to the Col D'Izoard as well, but the descent back might test my limited experience. Hoping to get to a stage where I can cross over the X/C skating though !

I'll be out there from 12th March to end of April and maybe into May, depending on conditions.!
snow conditions
just setting up mobile for snow reports direct from the chairlifts (via SMS)
ski holidays
Hurry up, Hells Bells, we are counting down the hours til Saturday!!
ski holidays
gallabar, we won't be out there until the following weekend.
snow report
There are reports of 25cm of fresh snow this morning.
snow report
Live pics from the Ski de fond area show it is snowing this morning http://www.skinordique-tv.eu/webcams/26-serre-chevalier-la-salle-les-alpes
ski holidays
Heard that the Col has been shut these past two days due to strong winds and drifting snow - winter's not over yet Smile
snow conditions
And it is still snowing this morning.
snow report
Hells Bells, Do you have similar weather to Montgenevre there ? Just trying to get a Monty update, and will be visiting SC. Thanks
latest report
cstreat, usually, but sometimes one gets the snow and the other doesn't, depending on the weather pattern. It was snowing in Sestriere, so assume Monty got it too.
snow report
cstreat, this time of year, like on Friday when it's raining heavily in Serre at resort level it's far more likely to be snow in Montgenevre as it's obviously higher up !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That`s what I want to hear.....thanks. Coming to SC Tues 19th for a lesson with Darren Turner, and looking forward to it !!!
latest report
cstreat, Darren's the man, should get more PR on here, his app etc is probably one of the best teaching / instructional aids out there currently

http://www.youtube.com/user/elatemedia

try and get to Mojo's afterwards if you can, Darren will advise you where that is snowHead
snow conditions
I have previously used Darren`s youtube tutorials, and they were certainly the clearest and easiest for me to follow. Thanks
latest report
Darren is a fantastic instructor! Well worth the money.
snow conditions
Been snowing all night though not uber heavy so looks like fine powder as it's pretty cold and not the usual wet snow you can get at resort level in March.

We have the equivalent of oyster cards for our lift pass so we can choose when or if we want to ski depending on the conditions, and today think we'll be in the trees, again!

Dogs lovin it

Running the daily blog now as we're out for nigh on six weeks now we finally have our own place, should change my sig now I suppose!

http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/2013serrecheblog.html

And just lovin the forecast Smile

snow report
constant snow since we arrived knee deep powder . (via SMS)
ski holidays
It has snowed heavily all day, and is still snowing. Spent most of the day in the trees. Our tracks we skied before lunch had vanished an hour later. For most of the day we hardly saw a soul on the pistes.
snow report
Some nice tree skiing over in Monetier around the back of Tabuc, better than on the front side as earlier on in the morning I was going through to the ice underneath, though I am being very critical as we did find a lot of untracked snow both on the piste and in the trees Smile

Nipped back home for lunch then I went back up the hill from here and had some nice lines.

Top sections were all shut and should imagine they will be for a good few days as with all the snow and wind gonna be pretty loaded up there!

More on the blog at http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/2013serrecheblog.html
snow conditions
Hells Bells, posting at the same time and the same report all most Smile
ski holidays
Weathercam, A good day Very Happy . Avalanche control are busy at the moment. Charges going off quite regularly.
ski holidays
Hi All,
Joining the fun here up til next Sat. Unlike you more committed folk, we decided to have a lazy day today. Probably another one tomorrow Crying or Very sad from the look of the forecast.

We did get out on the pistes on Fri for a few hours and have to say they were in the best conditions we've seen them in for a while. Good work being done at night.

Sat we headed hopefully up towards the Granon but very disappointed to find everything frozen and cruddy. Coming back down at 1.30 the road/track to Villard Laté was still frozen.

Anyhow, hoping for something better later in the week. As already observed....the avalanche risk is going to be high for a few days at least. And sadly we don't have weeks to wait it out.
snow report
Kevin Byrne, aaahhhh interesting to read about Sat and Granon, I did say to the other half pass on doing anything Sat as I thought conditions would not be too good.

It's looking very nice up there still, hopefully will be doing that this trip as I really like it and was one of my first solo tours, and it is quite safe,.....

This was the blog of that week a few years back when I also did Trois Eveches http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/serrechevaliersecondweek.html

Hoping for first lifts tomorrow from Monetier if I can get the van out!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy