Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, am due in Tignes the week from 07/01/05 (getting v excited already), noticed that there hasn't been an update on conditions for a few days - any news?
Is Tignes expecting to be hit by the same "big dump" that seems to be predicted across much of the alps for the back end of this week??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are, what, 3/ ?4 weeks till you go?

Trust in the gods of winter...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cjallen2000, that's really poor timing on your part. I have it on good authority that all the decent snow will be skied out before you arrive. By me Smile snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Started snowing at 10am, not stopped since.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still Snowing............!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Keep it coming - I'll be there this time next week snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like "the gods of winter" did a decent job last weekend, noticed the base levels jump up by around 40 cm's; how are conditions looking out there now?

only 2 days to go now so just hoping that alan empty doesn't ski out all of the decent snow Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haven't had the chance to get to Tignes recently but certainly over the past few days Les Arcs, La Rosière and Les Menuires yesterday and today are holding up well. If anything slightly better in the Upper rather than Lower Tarentaise (3V). We're hoping for a few more centimetres from tonight until Saturday to freshen things up a little!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cjallen2000, me too Very Happy

Big dump tomorrow would do just dandy!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of snow at the start of last week but off piste now very tracked and lower runs somewhat scoured in places.

Black (trolles) into le lac holding up well though and good fun.

Black (face) into Val Disere also entertaining.

Still easily possible to go all the way down to Le Brevierre, red run down in surprisingly good condition.

Stay clear of the black off the glacier, moguled all the way down (unless thats your kind of torture!)

Runs into La Daille (val) hard , icey and not fun.

Needs more snow, if it was scotland they'd be shovelling onto the bald patches!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forecast for sunny weather through to next weekend. God for the Tignes Airwaves competion (www.tignesairwaves.com), but not for we poor skibums. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got back yesterday after an excellent week in Tignes (but for a rather unpleasant stomach bug which all 4 of our group picked up on the final evening - made the return journey not much fun but thankfully didn't eat into any skiing!). Conditions were good early in the week but the last few days things were starting to get a bit ropey with a fair few pistes becoming increasingly icy and a few with rocks coming through.

Generally although there is still some good skiing to be had (especially in the AM) more snow is needed to freshen things up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It started snowing at 10am today. We currently have a white-out. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has not stopped snowing since - I'm back in the appartment after another white-out! Razz
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow now in a very poor condition, and the French holidays just starting. Evil or Very Mad No snow forecast until Wednesday at the earliest.
snow report
Re forecast snow for today (Wednesday). Only a few high clouds in the sky this morning, so not hopeful Sad .
ski holidays
It's snowing agian - at last. Started yesterday (heavily), carried on light today, and is now coming down heavily again. snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks Kenzie, Are you enjoying your season?
snow conditions
Kenzie, do you know or can you find out what time TSD Bollin at Val Claret starts up Puzzled Can't seem to find a time on the web. Little Angel
latest report
slikeedges -9am, if weather OK

Frosty - having a great time - you coming out to Tignes this season? Check out the following to see how it's going.
http://www.planetsubzero.com/2002/features/2005-6/week5&6_2006.htm
http://www.abisnailo.com/GalleryHome.aspx
snow report
Kenzie, thanks, will want to use it to get to school by 0915 Shocked
snow report
Just back from Tignes. About 1 metre of snow fell between Wednesday evening and Saturday lunchtime, vastly improving conditions which were the thinnest I've seen in 8 visits. High winds on Thursday/Friday meant many lifts were closed. Wind dropped over Friday night and snow eased off Sat afternoon. Sat night was crystal clear, but wind picked up a bit in the small hours and blew some more cloud in. Conditions this week should be excellent.
ski holidays
Hi Kenzie,

I'm one of the subzero seasonnaires from 2004. Hope you're having as good a time as I was, though I don't think you've been as lucky with the snow

Cheers,

fridge

www.fridgemiller.co.uk
ski holidays
Snowed again for most of today - and tomorrow is the transfer day for the French! snowHead
snow conditions

Taken Sunday and Monday Tignes Les Boisses, (1800m)

Lots more to come over the next few days... Very Happy Confused
snow report
It's started snowing again! Very Happy
latest report
Still snowing... a guide person said about 30 cm new stuff.

And tomorrow some light?
ski holidays
Kenzie, thanks for your reports. We are coming you to le Levanna 1-8/4/06. Obviously worrying that there won't be enough snow that late in the season...... Not!

Whereabouts are you working?
Is there anything from the UK that you are desparate for?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick, I'm not working, but a skibum based in Le Lac - living opposite the Alpaka, in fact. Sorry I can't recommend any hotels, as I don't use them. The Alpaka's bar is good for watching the sport though, and has live music most Wednesdays.
Thanks for the offer of bringing out from the UK. We are always greatful for uptodate newspapers, if possible.

The sun has finally reappeared, and tempertaures are rising (OK, very cold in the clear nights). The pistes are in their best condition, and the off-piste at its best, but getting tracked out quickly.
latest report
Back yesterday. Arriving on 12th was ridiculous - 2m of snow piled up everywhere - no-one in our group had seen levels like it. Scorching week though, didn't see a cloud until Saturday, really hot at resort level, which meant the new snow was stripped off pretty fast. Pistes changed from unbelievable on Sunday/Monday to just great spring skiing by the end of the week. Avalanche risk stayed at 3 all week, so off piste was off menu for us, but most seemed tracked out by the end of the week unless you looked hard or were prepared to hike. There's still so much snow I'm sure the rest of the season will be fine. Also looks like a bit more is falling this week.
Recommend Edelweiss restaurant in le Fornet btw if you're over that way.
snow conditions
michael stocking, Mrs Ed and I agree re Edelweiss- fantastic food and atmosphere...I like- everything on the menu (especially the enormous plates compose) Mrs Ed the linguinie with scallops....I'm feeling hungry right now...
snow report
I was in Tignes and Val yesterday,snow was lovely, but my god its bland over there!!
latest report
edsilva, mmmm.... fois gras with figs, entrecote sauce bearnaise......

Seems such a long time ago now....
latest report
Nadenoodlee - give me a shout next time you're in Espace Killy, and I'll show you around the slopes. Text me on (French mobile) 0631992195.
snow report
Kenzie, hiya,we might be over next week sometime-i'lldrop you a text!
ski holidays
Two days of steady snow - just back from 4 hours doing off-piste powder runs. Plenty of fresh snow on the pistes, too.
snow conditions
Thanks for that Kenzie. We're arriving Saturday morning (staying at le Levanna). If I remember to pack tomorrow's paper I'll give you a bell. Will probably be aroung the Alpaka Lodge bar in the early evenings (SCGB rep's time).
snow report
Nick, for apres-ski, try the Loop in le Lac - happy hour 4-6, and/or the Red Lion, happy hour 5.30-7.30, both do two for the price of one. The other bar, apart from the Alpaka, I can recommend in le Lac is the Jam Bar. All four of them know me!
snow conditions
Thanks Kenzie. This has remided me to pack the newspaper!
ski holidays
Hi Kenzie. Sorry didn't get round to looking you up last week - did bring the paper with me too!
What a fantastic week's skiing we had - the best conditions I have ever skied in (approx 15 weeks in last 20 or so years)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy