Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Wish I could have gone myself... this is what it was like up there yesterday...

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Argh - getting impatient now snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just hope it stays like that for when I get there in March Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fantastic
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, That's looking very dry and fluffy, wonderful pic Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a good feeling about this season Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks good, and quiet too. Thanks for the photo.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it looks like that on Saturday 24th December I will be one happy snowHead And if it's like that all the way down to Le Brevier I will be even happier.

CP
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hope it stays like that till 9 Dec! A big improvement that would be over last year! Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, I was there last November at it was fine up on the Grand Motte - what happened to the snow after I left? The GS photos in my snowMedia ablbum (click on the 'Me!' link in my signature) were all taken on that piste (3500). If anything, there was rather too much snow for my liking.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk, Too much snow!! Are you mad man Puzzled Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i arrived in tignes last april for a week at easter.. my friends had got there two days before and conditions were pretty crud.. on my drive there it was raining all the way through france which meant only one thing higher up.. i arrived in la breviere? down in the valley where u can see the picture on the dam, just as the snow stopped .. for the next week we could ski all the way bk down into town except for the last day where you had to walk a couple of patches on the road back down .. (or not if you had hired your gear Shocked ).. soemtimes it is better to be lucky than good !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CP wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Too much snow!! Are you mad man Puzzled Toofy Grin

Only when running gates, the rest of the time I like it as soft and fluffy as the next guy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, brilliant pic, thanks PG - off there in 3 weeks - that pic is now circulating amongst very excited pals snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Conditions have been ideal for race training, but the lack of snow made itself felt today with hordes of teams making their way to the glacier for a long weekend, starting with today's public holiday. By mid-afternoon the steeper sections of the narrow free-skiing areas were devoid of snow, a skating rink...

(Click on thumbnails for full resolution images)

(1) Lights on in the Carline, but no customers with the Lanches closed...
(2) Cannons working for the first time this morning, but it'll be a long while before the Lanches chair opens...
(3) The south facing slopes at Val Claret, no sign of snow ...

*Click to see full resolution image*

ski holidays
PG, thanks for the report. Glad I'm not out there this week - I remember how busy it was last year with the bank holiday (plus the cable car derailment Shocked ). Forecast seems to be for a little bit of snow this week, so hopefully the training pistes will still be in good shape for next week Smile
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Or would that be a cable car decablement ?? snowHead
latest report
lampbus wrote:

Yes it would, although the actual words I used at the time (I'd just got off the cable car when it decabled Wink) are unrepeatable Shocked
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
lampbus wrote:

Yes it would, although the actual words I used at the time (I'd just got off the cable car when it decabled Wink) are unrepeatable Shocked

I was stood underneath it Very Happy It took us by surprise a little ....
snow conditions
ise wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
lampbus wrote:

I was stood underneath it Very Happy It took us by surprise a little ....

It was the terrible metal-on-metal screeching sound that freaked me out. I hope it isn't too windy when I'm back there - I'm a nervous passenger in these things at the best of times Sad
ski holidays
I've been to the Espace more times than I can remember, and I've never been in that cable car...
snow conditions
Kramer wrote:
I've been to the Espace more times than I can remember, and I've never been in that cable car...

I think I've only been up it once when the entire resort is open. It can get very cold at 3,600m so I don't think there is a compelling reason to use the cable car when the entire domain is open (although the views from the top cable car station are spectacular).
ski holidays
The glacier today - cracks beginnning to show...

ski holidays
PG - Thanks for posting all of your great pictures. Where exactly was the above one taken? I have skied Tignes and the glacier area so just wondering where that huge crack is located.
ski holidays
oh er.....who's got the pollyfilla?
snow report
good new though. snow-forecast shows freezing levels down to sea level by the weekend. surely thats good news.

pudders
ski holidays
benpudney, yes, but the forecast here doesn't seem to indicate a lot of precipitation falling on the French Alps for the next couple of weeks (Austria, on the other hand, looks very promising).
snow report
ummm very interesting. as long as its started by the time i leave for my season on dec4th i will be fine. just could do with seeing some white stuff on the mountains via the webcm
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
benpudney, are you in Tignes, or somewhere else?
snow conditions
actually courcevel for training but hopefully tignes for the season
ski holidays
benpudney, nice, have a great season.
snow report
Adrian, roughly here:

snow conditions
Thanks PG. I have skiied along that ridge, with a guide, a few times. About three years ago there was plenty of snow and we skiied easily on the piste-side face then crossed over above the yellow dot and down the other face. It was so good we did it twice one day!

Last winter was more interesting as the crevasses were much more visible. Some between the piste and the ridge. The big horizontal crevase in the shaded area (or one of its friends) above was mostly snow covered where we skiied. I thing we stayed near the ridge until below that crevase.
ski holidays
pg, How much is open at the moment and what are the conditions like?
ski holidays
Only the glacier area, down as far as Rosolin and the nordic area, no further. The snowpark is taking shape but slowly, not enough snow. Top part of Leisse prepared and looks ok, but not open yet and not about to. Conditions cold, perfect for race training, narrow free skiing areas holding up well but only because of lack of tourists - last Friday, a public holiday, they were soon scraped bare.

Clouds building up as I left not long after midday today, very cold. Very cloudy now in Bourg, raining slightly.

First thing at Val Claret still little sign of snow cannons working - just some token, rather sad looking small piles of the white stuff under the Lanches.
ski holidays
The snow cannons have been running all day today.

There wasn't much snow overnight though.
snow report
i will be in tignes this afternoon, for a quick weekends skiing. Stoppign with RAF guys in le lac, and maybe catch up with some of you on the hill. txt +447801 716200 if you want to get hold of me.

gotta go catch flight now!
snow conditions
Greetings from the Grand Motte. Fabulous blue sky, not much wind and not too cold. It's a bit busy with ski clubs, but the kids should be back in school tomorrow. Lots of ice and hard pack: good for gates, but not much else. My new GS skis are awesome - definetly a good buy!

Paul: I tried to say hello on the Rosolin piste, but you weren't around (I said hello to your coach instead).

Race training starts tomorrow. Too many good skiers in my group, so I'mgoing to look a bit of a muppet Sad!
ski holidays
Snow-forecast is looking a bit more hopeful for the end of next week. About time too. snowHead
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk,
Quote:

Greetings from the Grand Motte. Fabulous blue sky, not much wind and not too cold

If I was the type of person to be consumed by envy, I could feel really jealous of you right now...... Toofy Grin Laughing
Good luck with the race training Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy