Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2012/2013: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
... heading out to Val T on March 23rd - would really appreciate updates from anyone who is there next week. seems like this wonderful season is set to continue. can't wait.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going on 23rd March also so please please keep the reports coming - they are really very helpful

Thanks
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic conditions at the moment. lots of fresh snow, sunshine and blue sky today. Not busy, warmer, and more snow coming early next week

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not so good today; light snow, visibilty not great, off piste very heavy in places, very crunchy in others. Much more snow forecast.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are in Courchevel 1650 and its snowing hard now. Tomorrow should be a good day Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Winter is back. About 20cm at 700m this morning, lifts are opening late today due to avy clearance
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to courchevel on the 7th April - hope this weather continues until we arrive Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From pictures posted this morning, looks like there's been about 30-40cms across the 3 valleys with further showers due throughout the day. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today was amazing, the dump last night delivered at least 40cms. Visibility was hit and miss but when you hit it in knee deep powder it was superb. Back in the chalet now having a stiff G&T. What a day snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
More snow overnight, now sunshine
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

hope this weather continues until we arrive

you'd better be careful what you wish for. FreddieTeddie, If this continues to 7 April you'd struggle to reach the resort and all the lifts would be closed. Maybe even have to evacuate everybody, like they did in some Pyrenees resorts when they had too much snow. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh no - Surely the weather won't continue like this? Can it? Sad I think the forecast for next week is quite good in terms of sun.

Do you think we will have good skiing conditons for the 7th then with all the snow around snowHead I was worried when i booked up but the snow has continued to fall & looks to have set up the conditons perfectlty.

You never know, there could be no more snow for 2 weeks & the conditions could be awful!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FreddieTeddie wrote:
Do you think we will have good skiing conditons for the 7th then with all the snow around snowHead I was worried when i booked up but the snow has continued to fall & looks to have set up the conditons perfectlty.

I'll be in the 3V's the week before you (staying in VT) I'll let you know how the powder is! Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing in Méribel again at the moment. Snow line is around 1200m. Sunshine breaking out every now and again.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
More snow overnight .... more sunshine today

This is getting monotonous
snow conditions
Patch, Rain in Meribel village at the weekend will make a nice change then? wink
ski holidays
pam w, Looks like temperatures rising by 10 degrees over the next 48 hours. I will get my wellies!
snow conditions
What a day!! Blue sky and powder! Today we went to 'Val Thorens' in the Three Valleys.

Despite the very slow wait (30 MINUTES) getting our lift passes and queues of at least 10 min on most lifts until around 2pm. We still had a great time finishing at after 5pm when the lifts closed.

Managed to ski quite a few off piste areas today. For those interested, the route we took was:
1) The Valley Lac du Lou from the Cime Caron lift on skiers left in good powder, even some untracked areas on the way to the lake (pond) at the bottom.
2) The Combe Arcelin also from the Cime Caron lift in a mix of spring snow and a bit of crud.
3) The Couloir Guyon from the Bouchet Chair in powder and firm snow although quite well tracked in places.
4) From the Col de Rosael to the Moraine Chair through various bowls in very mixed snow.
5) The descent from the top of the Glacier Val Thorens to the bottom of the Moraine Chair down skiers right in nice spring snow.
6)The descent from the top of the Glacier de Peclet Chair back to Val Thorens which was really fun, combining a number of different smaller routes including a few jumps down the centre of the main valley.
7) Another descent from the Glacier de Peclet chair in the direction of the Tete Ronde meadows arriving at the Portette Chair also in nice spring snow.
Cool From the top of the Thorens Gondola all the way back to the parking at the bottom of the Caron gondola off piste mostly in soft snow.

Quite a day. Loads of vertical, almost all off piste. The few pistes we did ski were in very good condition after the recent snow and the off piste had everything from light fluffy powder to pleasant spring snow and of course the odd patch of almost breakable crust.

If you want to see what the conditions looked like today, take a look in the 'Three Valleys' Album 2013 on my Les Arcs Winter facebook page which I will be posting later. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/photos
snow report
Very quiet today, visibility came and went. Slushy after midday below about 2200m, but excellent snow higher up. Longest queue was around 30 seconds

snowcrazy wrote:
light fluffy powder to pleasant spring snow and of course the odd patch

That would have been me then !
snow conditions
Patch, changeover days are really quiet up our way as well. I was surprised how big the queues were yesterday in the morning. But I agree, the snow higher up was in great condition. I hope to be back again in about a week. If you fancy meeting up for a ski with us, please do send me a PM. Cheers. Very Happy

Here are some photos from our trip yesterday. The Three valleys is a really fun place to ski. Enjoy!

1) The Valley Lac du Lou from the Cime Caron lift on skiers left in good powder, even some untracked areas on the way to the lake (pond) at the bottom.

2) The Combe Arcelin also from the Cime Caron lift in a mix of spring snow and a bit of crud.

3) The Couloir Guyon from the Bouchet Chair in powder and firm snow although quite well tracked in places.

4) From the Col de Rosael to the Moraine Chair through various bowls in very mixed snow.

5) The descent from the top of the Glacier Val Thorens to the bottom of the Moraine Chair down skiers right in nice spring snow.

6)The descent from the top of the Glacier de Peclet Chair back to Val Thorens which was really fun, combining a number of different smaller routes including a few jumps down the centre of the main valley.

7) Another descent from the Glacier de Peclet chair in the direction of the Tete Ronde meadows arriving at the Portette Chair also in nice spring snow.

Cool From the top of the Thorens Gondola all the way back to the parking at the bottom of the Caron gondola off piste mostly in soft snow.
snow report
Nice pics snowHead
snow conditions
Great pics snowcrazy, we are driving down next Friday so will be in Meribel Village next Saturday Very Happy
ski holidays
Very flat light today, a little busier. British Championships started in Méribel

snowcrazy, when are you in the 3V again? From next Sunday, for about a week, we'll be busy at the Scottish Children's Champs in Courch, then the Brits through to Good Friday
ski holidays
Hi
I am out to Mottaret on Sat morn
Hows it looking?
Did the temps rise as predicted, is it slushy/frozen?
Vis looked iff'y on the webcams today Puzzled
Any fresh snowfall in 3V's ?
Cheers
snow report
franzClammer, Vis rubbish this morning, temps quite warm, maybe a dusting of new snow expected today above about 800m
ski holidays
Patch Cheers Mate Smile
snow conditions
Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day .... British Downhill Championship at Méribel this morning
snow report
Going courchevel on the 7th April - hows the weather/snow looking out there at the moment? Any help/tips would be welcome also Laughing Happy skiing people Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weather 10/10. A beautiful, sunny, spring day
Snow 10/10. Wonderful conditions on-piste, only lower runs slightly scrapped and slushy in afternoon
Crowds 5/10. Busier today than it has been for a long time, although max queuing time not more than about 5 mins
latest report
Expect it to get a little busier next week as its half term in the UK. I am going the 2nd week so hopefully crowds will be low, hoping the weather conditions hold out for when im there.
latest report
Quote:

Expect it to get a little busier next week as its half term in the UK

Puzzled Easter holidays, more like. But IME Easter is not usually too busy in France and the snow is so good that people will be well spread out.
ski holidays

how it was today snowHead
latest report
Good view of Chaudanne and history of "your week" in past years
I've spotted my party here before Smile
http://livecam.meribel-alpina.com/
2 Daysandcounting snowHead
latest report
Patch, Cheers again
I take it you're a seasonaire or winter 3V's resident
snow report
franzClammer, I live in a small village between Brides les Bains and Salins les Therms, about 15-20 mins drive from Méribel. I live here all year round, but don't work in the ski industry. So I'm just a punter, but one that gets to ski 60+ days a year Smile

Poor vis again today, but it's dumping ... 20-40cms forecast at 2000m today, and the snow line is at about 1000m currently.

I doubt there'll be much racing in the Brits today.
latest report
Arriving to VT with the Easter hordes on Saturday (wife is a school teacher so no choices there!). Will just have to put up with the poor visibility next week, if that's what it is looking like in the resort (that's what the weather forecasts seem to be saying). If I'm reading it right, it also looks cold next week?

Just looking forward to trying not to kill my dad this year, which we nearly achieved last year - he had a tumble on day 1 and bruised his head. Didn't think too much of it, and 3 months later he was having surgery to drain a chronic subdural haemotoma!! He's a tough old soul (69yo) and has already been in the Alps this year in Abadia - nothing will put him off his skiing!! Very Happy
ski holidays
Patch wrote:
[b]
Poor vis again today, but it's dumping ... 20-40cms forecast at 2000m today, and the snow line is at about 1000m currently.
I doubt there'll be much racing in the Brits today.

Patch, we have a car and can drive far away. Is there a place your would recommend with better visibility?
Thanks.
ski holidays
RedRun, personally I would stay below the tree line, e.g. Loze sector of Méribel, Méribel Village, the runs down to La Tania, Le Praz. Looks like this weather throughout the Savoie at the moment, so it doesn't make sense to go far, just go lower.

The new snow line looks like it extends down to about 900m, and is slowly coming down - I'm still in the rain at 700m, but the snow is getting closer.
snow report
Even more snow last night after constant snow all day yesterday but foggy this morning. Snow slush line is at about 1600m so no problem if you stay top half. Vis more of a problem. Invest in yellow lenses at one of the closing down sales in town.
latest report
Very poor visibility today. Snow below about 1800 had had some rain, so frozen early on, slushy by noon. Great snow higher, but lifts closed due to high winds (e.g. Mt Vallon). Expect some wind slab tomorrow. More snow expected this afternoon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy