Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Grand Massif 2012/2013 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon, Sixt Fer a Cheval

Poster: A snowHead
Splendid.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Splendid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Splendido! Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Driving over Tuesday night to try and recover what's left of the season. C'mon the fluffy stuff!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There haven't been many photos on here recently so thought i'd chip in with some photographic evidence of the great conditions recently...

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Out in Morillon this week, lots more snow at the beggining of the week that filled in many places and refreshed the pistes.

Today was a bit warmer and more like March at this time of year with temps about 15c so quite sticky and harder tom glide any flat connections,
there is plenty to ski on with no real deminishing of snow depth.

Anyone else coming out next week should have a good time as there haven't been many people to even use the last snowfall across much of the pistes. They are genuinely good conditions and much better than last year at a similar time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit late in the day but thought I would make a quick post.

Arrived last night so got a reasonably early start today. Conditions in Samoens excellent for time of year I'd say and the higher up the better. Sairon into Morillon predictably soft at the bottom but not too bad. Snowbase is good with only one or two mild brown "skidmarks". Pistes very quiet but then it is Saturday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A bit late in the day but thought I would make a quick post.

Arrived last night so got a reasonably early start today. Conditions in Samoens excellent for time of year I'd say and the higher up the better. Sairon into Morillon predictably soft at the bottom but not too bad. Snowbase is good with only one or two mild brown "skidmarks". Pistes very quiet but then it is Saturday.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Today pretty much as yesterday but rain in village this evening so maybe a drop of snow up top. Very few people about so pistes should hopefully hold up without damage. Cos I seem to double post I will only update if any real change.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Conditions in Flaine today just as good although slightly more sticky than yesterday.
Best snow above 2000 metres - great runs from top of Desert Blanc - even Lucifer wasn't cut up
No brown patches anywhere
Also no crowds - everywhere seems very quiet
Very slushy coming back into resort this evening though but wet snow falling now so hopefully tomorrow will be good higher up
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Monday 25th March (rather than time travel!!)

Foggy and very quiet.....really quiet where is everyone?

Some new snow this morning, but i suppose there must be more in flaine, but only skied morillon and les carroz this morning

conditions rather soft low down, off piste sticky

Still heaps of snow, even down to gondola, even if very sugary later

currently lightly snowing in village

cooler tomorrow

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 25-03-13 20:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carroz, Ahem?.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carroz, Ahem?.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hello Basil, you got an echo??? Very Happy

currently snowing...lots!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
carroz, Often get a double entry when in France (ooh matron!). Was referring to the date in your post. Not snowing in Samoens but been drizzling all day and too foggy for us to ski today. Drove up to Samoens 1600 had a coffee and binned it.
snow conditions
carroz, Often get a double entry when in France (ooh matron!). Was referring to the date in your post. Not snowing in Samoens but been drizzling all day and too foggy for us to ski today. Drove up to Samoens 1600 had a coffee and binned it.
ski holidays
Basil, oopps...getting ahead of myself a bit!! Yes it was a bit damp and foggy...trees in les carroz were ok you could see, and morillon was ok as well, we gave up at about 1.30. Off piste was fine for about an hour then got too sticky, so zoomed around on piste with my very flappy s3's, with daughter suggesting I was a bit slow..........since she has done club esf she has got too fast and cheeky!

all the watery bits on the balcony have frozen solid now, so rather colder and thick fog outside as well
ski holidays
Conditions in Flaine good again with fresh snow at all levels.
Still no crowds although there seemed to be more learners than usual
Slight drop in temperature that kept even the resort runs firmer
Biggest problem was the fog - visibility virtually zero - you couldn't see the Blanchot from the Desert Blanc lift.
Hopefully better tomorrow
latest report
A group of us are heading out to Flaine on Thursday, does anyone know what conditions we should expect? Are there any big dumps due to fall?
snow conditions
Tuesday 26th March

Even more foggy then yesterday, even with the trees was difficult to see much. snow in better condition as colder, small amount of fresh snow (if you could see it!!)

Got better in patches after 1.00pm

Very few people (even if there were lots about you would have difficultly seeing them!)

Warmed up quite a bit this afternoon

Apparently according to cham meteo there will be a system passing through this weekend.
snow report
carroz, Samoens was just about whiteout today so we drove over to LC. Snow is just about perfect there but foggy as you say. We skied Combe as best we could until just below the Gron chair where the fog cleared and it was brill. My weather app says it will be sunny tomorrow so if it is L'Igloo for lunch.
snow conditions
carroz, Samoens was just about whiteout today so we drove over to LC. Snow is just about perfect there but foggy as you say. We skied Combe as best we could until just below the Gron chair where the fog cleared and it was brill. My weather app says it will be sunny tomorrow.
ski holidays
Day of two halves in Flaine
The morning was snowy but foggy up to about 2000m - bright skies & great snow above
Also very quiet as no one ventured that high
Opposite in the afternoon with less fog at resort level but bad visibility further up
Got warm in the afternoon and very mushy around the resort
Good forecast for Wednesday so looking forward to a great day
Local forecast is predicting a big fall for Friday - we'll see???
ski holidays
How is Gers at the moment
latest report
There was a group of 3 English skiers with one of the Flaine "Independent moniteurs" in the red and yellow jackets, having an extended coffee break in our local at Les Saisies today. If they came to find better visibility they will have been very disappointed.

Quote:

Local forecast is predicting a big fall for Friday - we'll see???

Meteo France is predicting rain to 1800m. Sad
snow report
Wednesday 27th March

Very sunny day, snow hard early then softened up quickly

Blacks above samoens had some brill snow so did them a few times, still not many people considering how good the weather was,

then towards flaine, but got diverted up veret to do some moguls, which we did for a while as they were nice and soft, so didn't get to Gers.......

Corbalanche opened late in afternoon, so did that on the way home.

quite windy in places today, but wall to wall sun all day. Snow was very soft on the way home, but huge depth so virtually no brown spots
snow report
Quote:

not many people considering how good the weather was,

I was very surprised at that in Les Saisies today - weather was terrific, only decent day of the week, snow was first class, many pistes almost entirely deserted. Great day. snowHead
snow conditions
Perfect day in Flaine
Bright sun, soft snow, just enough chill
Spent the day playing in the jam park with the kids
No crowds - no hard core boarders - just a good time
Rest of resort looked good but some massively slushy slopes around the resort at the end of the day
Snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon - hopefully not too wet
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nuff said and lunch at l'igloo on the terrace reminded me how much I love this place.
snow report
What a difference a day makes

Heavy snow, rather wet, had excellent, if rather damp fun under gron lift for nearly 4 hours, then just too damp to carry on.

Its sort of sleeting in village at the moment, had the slopes and lift to ourselves most of the time, higher up it must be quite powdery, so looking good for tomorrow
snow report
Tipping it down in Samoens so drove up to 1600 where it was snowing heavily. Although visibility was reasonable there it looked too foggy up top so we reluctantly binned it, worse still we leave early tomorrow. Had a coffee while there and returned to the car about an hour later with 2-3" of snow on the car so expect conditions could be marvellous up top tomorrow.

All the best to those staying out and to those on their way.

See you next season.
latest report
Basil, Have a safe journey back, next year think about staying in les carroz or morillon its much better when its foggy etc then samoens
ski holidays
What a difference a day makes
Woke to find it snowing but soon found out it was very wet in Foret
Even at the top of the Grand Vans I was getting soaked
Spent the rest of the morning going up the DMC to get some shelter.
Snow at the top was great and it improved lower down around lunchtime
Had 2cm in half an hour on my ski poles left outside the Bissac at around 12:00
It then started to turn wet again and by 3:00 was more rain than snow in resort when I gave up
Now dry so hopefully a good day tomorrow
snow report
Another day - more weather
The day started fine but then the wind & snow & cold came.
Meant there was good skiing but also the lifts not opening.
DMC was shut until lunchtime - eggs after then
Luckily no crowds so no queues but it was bitter on the chair lifts
Eventually gave up at about 3:00 frozen with the snow turning to rain
Bad end to my season - actually looking forward to the sun back in Qatar on Monday
ski holidays
carroz, I'll keep that in mind, we like staying in Samoens but not adverse to driving round.

Back home now waiting for fish and chips to arrive.
snow report
Basil, enjoy your fish and chips.

janner,have a good trip to the warmth

Odd for me but didn't ski today, felt appalling this morning, no idea why, (maybe got very cold yesterday or just getting old!!) and reading what janner, has said actually glad i did stay at home. Its rained most of the day down here in les carroz, and this evening keeps occasionally hammering down, makes a hell of a racket on the roof.

Hopefully will be better tomorrow, weather and me!
snow report
carroz, Hope you are back on form today.
snow conditions
I looked out of the window, I looked at the webcams, and I decided "sod that". Maybe later, if it clears up at all, but I don't think I can face another day of getting soaked and not being able to see where I am going Sad
snow conditions
Felt rather better this morning but waited until midday before venturing out, (its was raining rather hard this morning) and was rather glad we did, excellent day off piste in the trees in les carroz Got a little damp, but not too bad. Off piste was rather cruddy and heavy, but ok if you went quick enough and choose your line first. Bumps on felire were rather nice at the end of the day.

Not surprising but no one about really. Village was a little busy on the the way back.
snow report
Easter sunday

What a day, got up there early this morning....lots of light powder, about 30cms, just visibility was a bit duff, (i.e very very duff!!) so fed my tree addiction and skied them all day......stunning.

Sun came out about lunchtime, and made it even better, but stayed in the trees, getting fresh tracks every run we did.

Started to get a little heavier late afternoon, but still brilliant

Few more people, but still quiet for a sunny sunday afternoon.

Legs(well knees) are telling me i did all day till the lifts shut, with no lunch....it was that good.............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Snow is excellent, this morning was like january again, its only really heavy near bottom of combe
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy