Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Grand Massif 2012/2013 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon, Sixt Fer a Cheval

Poster: A snowHead
As its 15th October, and there is quite a bit of snow at the top of the Gondola, and the seasons passes go on sale today....better start the thread Very Happy

Webcams for Les Carroz

http://www.lescarroz.com/webcams-enneigement-et-pistes-domaine-skiable-les-carroz-grand-massif-cp80-151.aspx

Weather

http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/morning/5_days_weather_forecast.php

Snow depth plus pistes and lifts opening / closing

http://www.lescarroz.com/bulletin-neige-ouverture-des-pistes-les-carroz-grand-massif-cp480-me481-151.aspx

Lift pass prices

http://www.lescarroz.com/prix-des-forfaits-de-ski-les-carroz-grand-massif-haute-savoie-alpes-dunord-cp481-me482-151.aspx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done old chap.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep, snow all over this morning. It will be melted by bed-time, but it looks wonderful. Just had lunch in a café full of French builders - who weren't too
blasé to play snowballs on their way back to their white vans.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does the website Grandmassif.com not come in an English option? I heard on this thread that the prices were released on the 15th but i cant seem to find it. Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5h1l, click on the little box above the Morillon sign (the one that says "Achetez vos forfeits en lignes cliques ici"), and it will take you to the lift pass page, which has language selection by flag.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks adamantis. Is it worth purchasing the insurance that comes with the ski pass? i think we also have the option of purchasing insurance with ski hire is it worth getting these to?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
5h1l, yes, as last season it was euro 29 for the whole season, which is a big bargain! (if you buy it by the day is 2.80 a day!)

2 years ago used it for my daughter who got taken off mountain on a sled, bill came to over 800 euros, all paid for. she was fine, just a big bruise

sorry the links above are in french, the english ones where broken when i did the links
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for the info carroz. That early discount on the season pass is almost too good to pass up!

Is there any 'have a day at another resort instead' deal on them, like some other resorts seem to have?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carroz, Well done for getting this started. Will be out there over new year and possibly before Christmas if things go to plan. Was out there in August and work was progressing on the 'new Egg' but have read elsewhere that it will be up and running for the start of the season. Does anyone know what type of lift it is going to be?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr Piehole, In the past the season pass has included up to three awaydays so I'd expect the same this year too. They have also issued a pack of discount vouchers for various shops and services in and around the GM.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like discounts!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Mason wrote:
carroz, Well done for getting this started. Will be out there over new year and possibly before Christmas if things go to plan. Was out there in August and work was progressing on the 'new Egg' but have read elsewhere that it will be up and running for the start of the season. Does anyone know what type of lift it is going to be?

Hi Chris Theo stayed with us in the UK a couple of weeks back & he said he was talking to the lift company & they confirmed to him it will be ready before the season kicks off,

See you over New Year can't wait snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very exciting, we're going to be there in the new year. Looking forwards to it! I think (please shout if any knows otherwise) that you get 7 days in other resorts, but you can only go to each resort once. Not 100% which ones, but PDS is certainly one of them.

A couple of GM questions

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to skin from the Nordic centre at Agy to either the Morillion or Carroz lifts - just for fun!
2. I am staying in St Sigismond and just wondering how often the buses go there from Les Carroz (either paid bus or shuttle if here is one)

Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very exciting, we're going to be there in the new year. Looking forwards to it! I think (please shout if any knows otherwise) that you get 7 days in other resorts, but you can only go to each resort once. Not 100% which ones, but PDS is certainly one of them.

A couple of GM questions

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to skin from the Nordic centre at Agy to either the Morillion or Carroz lifts - just for fun!
2. I am staying in St Sigismond and just wondering how often the buses go there from Les Carroz (either paid bus or shuttle if here is one)

Thanks
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BenAS, No ski bus from St Sigismond, nearest freebee at Araches a few miles down the road. Not sure about a paid bus though as we used to drive in from there but a bus does travel that road. Les Carroz website has the ski bus route and timetables (well it used to).
latest report
The Flaine press release email I received today says it is a 8 man Gondola
ski holidays
BenAS, There is a bus, its the argy bus ligne speciale, see page 22 on this

http://www.lescarroz.com/uploads/GuideAccueil2012_maquette.pdf
latest report
gsb, yippee....less queues for the dmc
snow report
carroz, Together with three new pistes. Demon, Quartz & Grenat
snow report
gsb, Even better, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hopefully it will be open for the first week, with a few more pistes than usual

hope the new pistes are not right under the new aup de veran gondola as that is one of my fav mellow routes
latest report
I got very excited about the new Flaine pistes, and foud the report here: http://www.grand-massif.com/detail-actualites/nouveautes-domaine-skiable

Quote:
Flaine - 3 nouvelles pistes

Le tout nouveau tracé rouge Démon permettra de varier les parcours à l'arrivée du Télésiège Désert Blanc, en offrant un tracé sécurisé vers la mytique piste Faust.

Reliant Emeraude à Turquoise, la nouvelle piste Quarz offre un nouvel itinéraire 100% bleu permettant de contourner le mur de la piste rouge Faust.

Variante bleue de Dolomie, la piste Grenat deviendra vite plus qu'un itinéraire bis entre le sommet des Grans Vans et la combe de Vernant.

Quick translation:
- The new red Demon starts from the top of Desert Blanc, offering a secure route to Faust.
- The new track Quartz offers a 100% new blue route between Emeraud and Turpuoise to bypass the red wall on Faust
- An alternative to the blue run dolomie, the Grenat links the top of Grands Vans and Combe de Vernant.

They're already shown on the map here: http://www.flaine.com/UserFiles/File/plan-des-pistes_20122013(1).gif

Demon could be quite handy for some fun loops when the DMC queue is huge - head up Tete des verds, down Tanzanite, up Desert blanc, then a nice long run down Demon and Almandine or Faust.
snow report
Morning all,
Excited newbie here looking forward to returning to the GM in January. We had a great week at Montsoleil in January and enjoyed it so much that we snuck back for a long weekend in Morillon Les Esserts in January. What with the new Le Centaure apartments, the new 8-man Aup de Véran and these new pistes, there's been a fair bit going on over the summer.

Anyway, courtesy of the googles, I happened across a long thread charting the construction of the new lift, which may be of interest to some of you (especially if you like pictures of galvanised steel). It is very picture-heavy, so maybe not so good if you're on a slow/mobile connection:

http://forum.grand-massif.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2740

I can see Demon Twisted Evil getting plenty of action...
latest report
Has anyone any knowledge of MGM buying the ice rink and car park in the centre of Samoens? I have found an article on a french forum,

http://forum.grand-massif.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2723&start=0
ski holidays
Twodogs, thats a great find, really enjoyed the pictures, top job, it should be ready for when I rock up in December can't wait NehNeh
snow report
Another bit of lift news, when we were in les carroz in august / september they were replacing the free drag that takes you from les arielles up to level with the gondola, so hopefully it will not break all the time like before. They were also doing lots of maintenance on the snow guns down combe, and making the entrance to the gondola easier (one set of turnstyles)
snow conditions
Hi, newbie here - We're going to be staying about 8mins drive from Les Carroz and about 10mins from Morillion (we're going to be staying in St Sigismond- just wondering which would be the best one to use on a regular basis... thinking about parking, access, and speed up the hill..

We'll try both, but wondering what people thought! Also which resort is "better" (define, better however you like) for post ski drink and stroll etc...
latest report
Makes no odds really but at Carroz it is possible to ski right to your car.
snow report
There's still the problem (in Flaine) that, if based in Foret, you can't get up the mountain from Foret since they removed the Ballacha drags. I suppose it is quite quick to use the Desert Blanc chair then traverse to the upper chair if you're OK on reds (from Foret down to Forum).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi snowHead 's
I'm just about to book Les Carroz, Has anyone stayed at Chalet Cyclamen or Chalet Bry? I thinks they have offered me a deal I cant refuse so I'm going to book my flight and then pull thier arm off. Just thought I'd see if anyone has any experience they would like to share?

Many thanks Toofy Grin
ski holidays
just heard it might be snowing over there - can anyone confirm. God it's depressing possible snow falls in another countries are all I have to keep myself sane...
snow report

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 6-11-12 21:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Yes it has snowed over about 1000 metres
ski holidays
Yes I spoke to a friend who lives In Flaine & he reckons they had 10 inches yesterday, not heard from him today he is probably out skinning up the mountain lucky bugxxr Twisted Evil
latest report
Snow report from Samoens.

There is not much right now.
ski holidays

It was in decent shape a few days ago... First turns of the season!
ski holidays
Hi all. This might be a - how long is a piece of string question -but here goes. Based on the snow conditions at the minute what do you think it's going to be like when Flaine opens on the 15th December? This will be our first visit back to Flaine in 3 years and we've normally skied later in the season. Can't tell you how much I've missed skiing, but living in the gulf hasn't given me much opportunity to ski!
latest report
Is there anyone who has any news on the snow conditions in Flaine ATM? We are rocking up on the 15th - and are hoping that we are going to be able to ski???? Thanks
in advance.
snow report
Apparently there is going to be a new red run from the top of chariande express in samoens and lanche the black on the right as you trundle to morillon on the blue from the molliets lift has been remodelled with a new entrance near the lift. The old one always used to have a kill your skis rock at the start.

renewed the season passes yesterday.... Very Happy Very Happy

pray this snow arrives......
latest report
carroz, Not shown on the website map but will that offer an alternative to Perce Neige?.
snow report
Basil, not sure, just its called Parements and apparently will have a fantastic view, plunging downhill flirting with the dizzying ridge overlooking the Valle Du Giffre!!! sounds fun?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy