Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3rd to 8th Jan - French or Swiss Alps - Room for 2 please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we've got our flights to Geneva booked Very Happy, now for the accommodation.

We're 2 guys (skier and boarder) and will consider any resort within 3-hours transfer from Geneva airport. Switzerland or France, we don't care, just give us quick access to great slopes and we're happy as pigs in slop.

We arrive on 3rd Jan and depart on 8th Jan, so we need room(s) for 5 nights. We'll take apartments, hotels and chalet sharing (preferred).

So if you think you can sort us out please let me know.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to Snowheads, VoodooBob. That period spans the new year week and the following week, doesn't it? I suspect you'll find it pretty difficult to get accommodation just for part of those two weeks, and might need to find a cheapish apartment and pay for the two weeks. An alternative would be to stay in a hotel somewhere like Sallanches, which gives you easy driving access to some great resorts, including Chamonix and Flaine. You'd need a hired car for that, obviously.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome Pam. I'm sure it won't be easy to get a room just for those dates, but where there's a will! We've now got the car hired too so we've got to make this happen somehow. Can you recommend any good websites or contacts for chalet sharing?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've been to this place before in Tignes Les Boisses http://www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/chalet-hotel-les-melezes

Quiet little spot outside the main hub of tignes. Just 2 mins walk to the piste, then maybe another minute skiing to the lift. Great service, great food and not at all expensive. They are pretty flexible so might be able to accommodate you. Not uber modern and fancy, but it's clean, cosy and lots of good grub.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi VoodooBob,

We can help with the dates but as pam w, says, the prices are quite expensive because the beginning of the dates are New Years week.

We can do a twin room in Chalet Campanules for £899 per person, fully catered with catering each night of your stay - chalet details via the link below. Ski-in ski-out chalet with sauna, wifi, tv room etc.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
VoodooBob, if mountainsun can accommodate you in Les Melezes, that would be good - I'd endorse exactly what Tordi says, it's excellent value.

I'm sure the place Heather is offering would be good too, more expensive but more upmarket, and probably more convenient. Don't delay on making a decision - that new year week is one of the busiest throughout the entire Alps!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will definitely take a closer look at Mountain Sun, cheers Tordi. Unfortunately Chalet Campanules is a little above budget, but thanks anyway Heather.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No worries - hope you manage to find something which suits . . .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VoodooBob, Have you tried the solutions room on Chalets Direct?

Put in your request on the Winter holiday solutions room and if anybody has availabilty they will let you know.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
VoodooBob, FYI Melezes also has in-house ski hire and servicing which is very reasonably priced. They did a smart job waxing/edging my skis for me the night we arrived...the hire skis looked pretty good quality too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are you sorted yet? we leave our apartment on the 3rd so it's available at a reasonable price - see https://www.facebook.com/skiapartmenttorentinFrenchAlps for photos (about an hour and a half from Geneva)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some good suggestions. Will check them all out when I get a mo, not sorted yet Barbacni.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
VoodooBob, if you fancy coming over to Les Arcs, staying either in Bourg St Maurice or up on the mountain in one of the stations let me know as I have friends that sometimes rent out their apartmets. Different sizes. You can easily get to Bourg and Les Arcs from geneva Airport by Coach direct to Bourg and up to the station or with car rental if you prefer. Check out my facebook page or the Les Arcs snowheads season thread for more Les Arcs details. Hope that hepls.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy