Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier, which village/chalet/apartment?

Poster: A snowHead
As above, where to stay. Prefer apartment, self catered, very close to slopes, but open to all types of accommodation , especially with big beds. Not fussed about apres, it`s about access to slopes and good lifts. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cstreat, when were you thinking of going and how many of you are there? My apartment is 200m from the lifts in monetier-les-bains, and I know of several other larger apartments in my residence for rent. Not much availability left in most of them though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2 adults mid march. You are well bookedHells Bells, so it must be good; looks perfect but no space. With out bias, where are the best access points to the ski area? Any tips on anything appreciated
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cstreat, that is because we are there ourselves in mid-March. All of the villages now have good access to the skiing. None of them are really out on a limb. Contact my friend Melanie, melanie@eurekaski.com and she may have something available to suit you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ThanksHells Bells,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any other tips in this area, folks ? Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've been to Briancon twice, in the same hotel, about 200m from the gondola. Lovely old town (walled ramparts etc) and we found it cheaper than the usual mega-sized French areas for food and drink.

AsHells Bells says, access to the ski areas is easy enough from any of the villages. Although it is, of course, skiable there and back, we quite liked getting the bus from Briancon to Monetiers (very easyto do) and working our way back as a one way journey. Just makes it a different kind of day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cstreat, there's some apartments in Le Bez which another SnowHead has stayed in if you haven't found anywhere to stay yet.

http://www.serrechevalier-appartements.com/

And the new MGM ones in Chantemerle are very close to the pistes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We booked an apartment using the Serre Chevalier website there were loads on there last year - You book through their office or directly through the owner. Good range of prices we had a 2 bedroom apartment 50 m from the Piste in Chantemerle.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There seem to be very few 1 bedroom apartments and I am reluctant to pay for 1 or 2 unused bedrooms.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cstreat, most of the newer apartments and conversions now have more than one bedroom. Have a look at Jardins d'alpin and Pierre et Vacances in Villeneuve for something more standard
Residence Adret also might have something . It's marketed as Best Western, but many of them are more like an apartment than a hotel room. There are tons of 1 bed apartments in the resort.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd look at l'Hameau du Rocher Blanc, if I was you.

Right across the way from the lift system out of Chantemerle, which is the best start/finish point in the valley, IMHO.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great info; thank you all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cstreat, Only been there a couple of times and stayed both times in Chantemerle - it's a bit more central to the valley and seems to have the best links up and out to the rest of the area. It also has the advantage of the Luc Alphonde (sp?) run into the village so you can play how high do i have to straightline from to get me up to the flat bit in the centre.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Luc Alphand run into the village so you can play how high do i have to straightline from to get me up to the flat bit in the centre.

Even better is, can I get to my table at La Terrasse with my skis still on and sup that first beer that's waiting for me when I get there!

Well earned by CT663, on Flickr

I should note that in this case, it was my second beer and I was sitting in the sunshine watching people fall over on the Alphand. A lovely way to finish the day! Happy
snow report
Laughing I've enjoyed that view several times Cool
snow report
Quote:

I've enjoyed that view several times

And made all the better by watching the fools thinking, oh, it's only the end of a black, I can do it. Then finding themselves on an icy, flat light mogul fest that's been hammered all day.

"See that one up there? In the blue?"

"Yep"

"Next beer says he falls over before the next pylon...."
ski holidays
Laughing Uh huh, it can be carnage, for sure.....I'm sure I may have been part of it once or twice too.... Laughing

Apologies for mentioning it again (to anyone that has heard it), but I sat at that bar with a mate at the end of one day and watched a guy ski very fast and tidily down accompanied by his dog. You couldn't see the wee fella's legs move he was travelling so fast.

Anyway, the skier glides to an elegant stop just over the bridge. The dog, on the other hand, amazingly still has bundles of energy (canine adrenalin probably). And so turns around and heads back up the slope, playfully chasing other skiers and prancing around. Result? Annihilation Laughing There was debris everywhere. Confusion reigned absolute for 10 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so funny.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy