Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire/Ski School in Sauze & Travellling with Nielson

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow snowheads Very Happy

Thinking of going back to Sauze in January...was there for my first ski hol in Jan 2010 & loved it. Just doing some research ref costs etc before deciding...has anyone used www.skiinitaly.com or the Eydallin hire shop to hire skis or book lessons in Sauze d'oulx? Also, has anyone stayed in the Stella Alpina hotel? Looks like fab location right at the bottom of Red 11. Looks like it's only available through Nielson's..never travelled with them before so would be interested to hear your experiences. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks NehNeh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my experience Neilson are like ronseal, no frills but you get what you pay for. I've not been to Sauze so no insider knowledge for you. The lessons I've had organised through Neilsons have been either good or excellent and I've generally found their reps work hard to resolve any issues in resort and if they do the ski leading in that resort I would take advantage of it it's usually really good fun and a great way to meet other people and find out where the cheaper cafes are, buy the rep coffee if you need a favour later you'll be remembered in a good light!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info Lilywhite..Nielsons sound pretty similar to experience I've had with Crystal...no complaints really!

Cheers!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did Sauze couple seasons back as a large group of 30 and 40 somethings. Some of the group stayed in Stella Alpina and said it was nice. We stayed in the down market Sayonara which was cheap as chips but fit us down to the ground (basic but bloody funny). Neilson were fine. The ski shop at the foot of the Clotes lift was awful!! Can't recall its name but service was poor and boots rubbish. In fact I came straight home and bought my own boots never to hire again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like you had a laugh at the Sayonara..I'll check it out! I bought my own boots for this year...like slippers in comparison to hire boots!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LK1, The staff at the sayonara (the boss woman in particular) were so unfriendly it was quite funny for us as group rugby type lads.....in fact the grumpier they were the more we laughed. Rooms were proper basic but nice hot radiators...brekky was typical but alright. Strangely I would go back there on a lads trip. The skiing out from Sauze was great and perfect snow conditions so got lucky. I noticed last season Neilson were again offering at under £250 b&b flights and transfers inc from Manchester....we're down in Devon so couldnt be fussed to go from Manchester and opted for Soll instead. If you fancy a budget Basil Fawlty experience keep your eyes peeled for Hotel Sayonara
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Jirac18..just back from a week's hol so apologies for late response. The Sayonara defo sounds like a real laugh for your lads trip...a real bargain too! Us girls like some home comforts tho' so we've booked the Stella Alpina...good reviews on Trip Advisor so fingers crossed it's ok. We went to Soll Jan 2011...had a fab time..the apres was great! Very lively! Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When we went to Sauze there was someone handing out leaflets at the airport that had ski hire at about half the price of the Neilson option. We asked the rep where the shop was and she professed to not knowing. Lo and behold there it was, directly opposite our hotel. I think we paid 60 odd euros for platinum skis, and he waxed them up one night for free.

Have had a look on google but can't find exactly which one it was, but keep an eye out for leaflets!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's always worth checking the prices offered ahead by the main discount chains.
Skiset
Alpinresorts

These links give special snowHeads rates - they're often the cheapest and at the very least, it's a good reference point.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 17-11-12 16:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
LK1, Been to Sauze twice, one many years ago and again about 3 years ago, and if my memory serves me correctly there is an InterSport Ski Hire/Locker right opposite the Clotes chair lift. I forget the name, but if you walk uphill, pass the chair lift on your left, it's by the flat end of piste bit, just across the road. I do remember the locker prices were reasonable, and some others we got talking to in the locker room said how good the service was. The only downside to this place was the 'magic carpet' and ski across, or walk up hill to access the Clotes ski lift.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Stew72...that sounds like the ski hire shop under the Stella Alpina (Eydalin?) where we've now booked with Nielson.... I think we've got a fab deal...£265 for full area lift pass, ski hire & 6x3hr ski school...wasn't going to bother with ski school this time but when you take the lift pass & ski hire cost out of that the lessons for the week are only costing us £60....bargain!!!..even if we only go for a couple of days..will hopefully help to improve technique and meet some new ski buddies too!!! Can't wait...11 weeks and counting!! x Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi LK1,

I've booked Stella Alpina for w/c 6th Jan. Are you there the same week? Would be good to hear form others heading the same way...

Ed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I stayed at the Stella Alpina in 2011 and it was fantastic. The location couldn't be better and the rooms were good. We went half-board and the food was good everynight and the bar staff are really friendly.
The hotel also has it's own ski-hire which is next door and the equipment was decent enough.

I used Ski in Italy for tickets to an AC Milan game and had no issues at all.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a look at www.sauzeonline.com - run by a guy called James who lives in Sauze - he's got really good ski hire rates and helpful for questions too!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Ed

We're going the week after you otherwise we could've said hi! Don't drink the bar dry before we get there..haha!!

LK
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy