Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommendations for stop over near bourg-en-bresse please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning everyone - has anyone any suggestions for a b and b or hotel to stopover for one night near bourg-en-bresse with easy access to A40 please?
We will be driving from Geneva direction westbound on the A40 and then taking the A39 as it splits just north of bourg-en-bresse.
Have looked up a few options but would welcome any info from snowheads - tia
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loatie, I started this thread a while ago, never got round to trying any of them out though.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1538863&highlight=jura#1538863
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Hells Bells, - was looking for something specifically on outskirts east/north east of Bourg-en-Bresse so will have a look and see if any of the options on your thread match up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
loatie, and there's this one http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1634788&highlight=bourg++bresse#1634788
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great - thanks, I thought there had been something in the past and believe it or not I did a search on hotels in bourg-en-bresse before posting but couldn't find anything! So thanks again
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Etap at B e B adjacent to a reasonable restaurant , Xtreme Chicken as we call it and just a couple of miles ish from the autoroute. Also across the road from an out of town retail park with supermarket, fuel and sports shop plus others. There are a few other chain hotels in the area and a number or Accor group ones.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed at the Campanile in Viriat part of Bourg en Bresse last summer on our way down. Rooms were perfectly fine, breakfast was good. They did evening meals but we found ourselves in a Bufallo Grill practically next door.

It's a typical out of town industrial/retail park with all the usual hotels you expect right next to each other so there's a choice. Perfectly adequate for an overnighter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
loatie, one of the motorway aires in that area (on the A39 I think) has a built in hotel which is OK - stopped there once when we emerged from one of the tunnels on the A40 into a full-blown blizzard and decided not to go on as far as Dijon, as we'd planned.

Can't remember which one it is - but they have a big duckpond thing between the hotel and where you park.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would strongly recommend Hotel a la Villa Boucicaut in Chalon sur Saone http://reservation-hotel.logishotels.com/jreservit/fichehotel.do?langcode=FR&userid=5989a893a85054c3797bb0c631da7cfe029a&custid=12&hotelid=112190&partid=661

It would mean taking the A40 as far as the A6 as an equidistant (or even shorter) alternative to the A39 but Chalon is a lovely little town with an excellent food market on a Sunday.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just don't try going to BeB with anything over 6m length or 6t weight 'cos there's a restriction on both in the town centre.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, I think it it the IBIS at Bourg Jasseron, they have a pond, but there's also a hotel (another Ibis) at the Poulet be Bresse services too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The IBIS at Jasseron is literally next to the motorway in a service station and not at all appealing looking, so worth chosing something nicer in the town, which is very attractive

Without the benefit of continental satnav I relied on the paper map the Bourge en Bresse IBIS booking printout gave and found it almost impossible to find, wasted the whole evening driving round town in a snowstorm looking for clues, so if you choose that one go prepared
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
T-Dub, depends on your requirements, for some on here, their overnight stop is just that, somewhere to lay their heads for a quick exit the following morning. Not for me, I prefer the more appealing option.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, there are three to aim for:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ibis&sll=46.20279,5.219246&sspn=0.253299,0.220757&t=m&z=12
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

The IBIS at Jasseron is literally next to the motorway in a service station and not at all appealing looking, so worth chosing something nicer in the town, which is very attractive

Without the benefit of continental satnav I relied on the paper map the Bourge en Bresse IBIS booking printout gave and found it almost impossible to find, wasted the whole evening driving round town in a snowstorm looking for clues

well I'd prefer to sleep in a well sound-proofed hotel 2 minutes off the motorway rather than spend the whole evening driving round town in a snowstorm. Laughing In a whole evening of driving in the right direction you can cover around 250 miles. wink.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy