Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Traveling out on NYE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we have an apartment booked starting on Jan 1st. We would like to travel down and stay overnight the night before, but this will mean we staying somewhere on NYE. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could stay. We will need secure parking as we will have thing strapped to the roof!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are many hotels in the world, pick one near where you are staying.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
perhaps I should be more specific, to avoid the passive agressive died hards...

I woud like to stay in a place that would be fun for New years eve, perhaps a town that has a good NYE atmosphere - fireworks that sort of thing. I was thinking somewhere like Dijon, Reims or Troyes - I know nothing about these towns does anyone have any suggestion of towns (and hotels) that would be fun for NYE, it will be just my wife an I, no kids.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BenAS, the Best Western in Reims has secure underground parking, and there is an underground car park in the city centre (Place d'Erlon) close to the Hotel Bristol. Lots of good restaurants about, but it will be noisy. We stayed at the Hotel Wilson in Dijon recently, you can park in their courtyard overnight. There's a Michelin restaurant next door if you want to celebrate in style (but you will need to book, hotel may have a package deal), or there are loads of restaurants just 10 minutes away in the centre.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Secure parking is clearly important. Ibis La City in Besancon has underground parking and is a short walk from the centre. The citadel has impressive battlements - I imagine the fireworks should be good - and it's Franche Comte so the food should be good. Depends where you're heading of course!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BenAS, Just a quickie - where is your final destination for your hols, might give folks a better idea of what town might suit. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're heading to Samoens. But looking for somewhere about two third or three quarters of the way there from Calais.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BenAS, Friends of mine go there every year and drive down from Cherbourg, I'll find out and let you know what they think.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Troyes is pleasant, but pass on the sausages.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy