Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap late season skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I, along with 4 friends are trying to organise a ski trip for next year, but we are having some difficulties finding where to go.
We want somewhere where you can still ski in late April with no problems but somewhere cheap. Cheap for accommodation and living costs (food, maybe a beer or two).
We are all "Intermediate-Advanced" in level and we are thinking of going for 5 weeks.
Any ideas? All help would be Much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh, as an extra bit of info, somewhere in Europe would be the limit really, as it's cheaper to get round.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes or Val Thorens are (by a long way) your best chance of skiiing across a large area in late April. You will find plenty of guidance (here or on other websites) pointing you towards other places where you can ski above 2500m, promising snow in late April.

In my experience, only these two are likely to offer good skiing across a large area in late April.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What about Ischgl? Should be cheaper at the end of the season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EoSB in Val Thorens - best of all worlds, affordable, as snowsure as it can be, self catering available, loads of coaching available - an ideal trip for 5 intermediate-advanced skiiers. All you've got to do is get to Geneva from your conveniently local airport, or get a big car and drive it with 5 of you.

No point going for a cheap resort with no snow. My experience has been pretty good with some lower altitude resorts in late April, but I've also been sitting in Val Thorens looking at green fields from a few hundred metres below the resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Musker, For 5 weeks and go at the end of April?
Not really, that will mean skiing until the end of May.
Which might be only possible on a few glaciers. (as not even all glaciers are open past second week of May I believe).

Not so sure you will be happy to ski for 5 weeks on a few glacier runs.
Of course last week of April you could still ski in so called "winer season" in mentioned places like Tignes or Val Thorens. (probably limited runs already)
First week of May is bank holiday in many European countries so Austrian glaciers like Stubai or Hintertux might have still a lot of pistes open and they might be still some atmosphere.
Past that, only a few glacier runs here and there.

Stubai and Hintertux Glacier winter season is until 5.05.13. Then they switch to summer season so limited runs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I misunderstood. I thought you want to start late April and then ski into May.
Of course if you start 5 weeks earlier you can ski in many high places until late April.
I would go for Val Thorens if you are ok with sharing cheap apartment you can still do it on the budget.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 11-10-12 11:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Deux Alpes is open until 27th April. I go every Easter (which can be as late as mid April) and it's always been reliable with skiing up to 3600m on the glacier. It's cheaper than most of the major french resorts but for 5 weeks you'll be including Easter which will up the price of accommodation.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can go after the end of the season if you are prepared to go ski Touring and skin up things. Fun time for it, I'm told.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can someone help me? I am trying to book a family trip to Morzine area for the last week of March. Have been to Morzine before and like it but am only intermediate level (of that)! Poeple keep saying you may need to ski Avoriaz at that time of year. There is a chalet in Prodains (probably spelt wrong), near Morzaine, would this be the best place to satay as it has direct access to Avoriaz. Very confused as to whether we should be in Morzine Centre or whether Prodain is a better option. Any help would be great. Thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Musker, check out Mountain Sun in Tignes - ticks all yer boxes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy