Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Dakota, USA, hit by "record early snowstorm"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The northern US state of North Dakota, which shares a border with Canada, has experienced its heaviest early snowstorm on record. More than 20 inches fell in some areas.

This report from Reuters.

Of more interest to skiers, the mountains of Utah and Wyoming have also been hit, leading to the annual race to open the slopes for business. The Colorado resorts of Loveland and Arapahoe in Colorado are - as usual - breathing down their necks to get the lifts running.

This report from Skiing magazine.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it has certainly gotten cold here and snowmaking is under way. if mother nature cooperates we may not need the guns to run. my cabin at 9100 feet got three inches this week. the divide is coated with a nice blanket of snow.

i spoke to a "source" at Loveland today and could get no prognosis. my guess is the 17th.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just crossed berthoud pass in a fairly heavy storm. 4 inches on the ground with a good deal more slated to come in the next 24 hours. should bode well for an early base for all colorado resorts. the weather service has issued the following statement;

/X.EXT.KBOU.WS.W.0001.051009T2129Z-051011T0000Z/
SOUTH AND EAST JACKSON/LARIMER/NORTH AND NORTHEAST GRAND/
NORTHWEST BOULDER COUNTIES ABOVE 9000 FEET-
SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST GRAND/WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST BOULDER/
GILPIN/CLEAR CREEK/SUMMIT/NORTH AND WEST PARK COUNTIES ABOVE
9000 FEET-
INCLUDING...CAMERON PASS...LARAMIE AND MEDICINE BOW MOUNTAINS...
RABBIT EARS RANGE...ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK...
WILLOW CREEK PASS...BERTHOUD PASS...BRECKENRIDGE...
EAST SLOPES MOSQUITO RANGE...EAST SLOPES SOUTHERN GORE RANGE...
EISENHOWER TUNNEL...INDIAN PEAKS...KENOSHA MOUNTAINS...
MOUNT EVANS...WILLIAMS FORK MOUNTAINS...WINTER PARK
329 PM MDT SUN OCT 9 2005

...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT MONDAY...

SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY.
ACCUMULATIONS OF 18 TO 24 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED...WITH THE
HEAVIEST AMOUNTS ON THE EASTERN SLOPE OF THE FRONT RANGE.

REMEMBER...A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER
CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. SIGNIFICANT SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS ARE OCCURRING OR EXPECTED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL
VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last sentence could be revised: "THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL ON SKIS VERY GLAMOROUS OR POSSIBLE."

Are weather warnings written in caps to make them more exciting?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Last sentence could be revised: "THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL ON SKIS VERY GLAMOROUS OR POSSIBLE."

Are weather warnings written in caps to make them more exciting?

no, it's because they need to be transmitted by teletype machines that can only do upper case so as part of international agreements they have to be in upper case.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
berthoud pass was littered with folks driving sans snow tires, awd, or 4wd. they almost made the trip impossible.

my darling wife took it as an opportunity to ask, "exactly when do you plan to put snow tires on the car?" i explained october was not in the plan.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy