Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine at Feb half-term: catered chalet vs self-catering?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morzine regular here looking to book a trip for three families (13 of us in total) in the peak half-term week, 16-24 Feb.

I have a few catered chalet possibilities lined up, all sound good and are well-reviewed, but I can't get the prices down much below £10k.

This seems notably higher than our last such trip a couple of years back and, after a self-catered week for a smaller group turned out much cheaper last year, I'm wondering about that option again.

Any suggestions of s/c options for a group our size? We would prefer somewhere in the town as we were on the road out to Prodains last time, which was fine with the bus during the day but we suffered a couple of long waits for taxis after eating out...would prefer to be able to stagger home! We would consider separate apartments in the same building.

The 7 kids are all boys aged 11-16 so no childcare etc required (maybe a couple of cages) & we are all driving so flights, transfers etc not an issue.

All help gratefully received, thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
head_like_a_rock, £10k for 13 people in the highest peak school holiday week, isn't out of the ordinary. However, if you are flexible about where you go, you may be able to find something for less (including some discounts for children, or filling a chalet with a group of this size) by posting on the Solutions Room of www.chaletsdirect.com - that site is awash with catered chalets in Morzine in particular, but if you are happy to consider other resorts, put that in your search criteria and the message will be sent to owners with appropriately-sized properties. Good Luck Very Happy

We're fully booked I'm afraid wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We booked AGES ago (March, I think) and got a place in Esserts Romand for £6k for 12 (will sleep 14) including transfers, but that was way cheaper than anything else.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, thanks for the tip, have posted as you suggested. I fear you may be right about the price, no Xmas presents this year... Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
head_like_a_rock, Try www.chaletfinder.co.uk or www.simply-alpine.co.uk they both have a good selection of catered and s/c chalets. Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

Sounds about right 10k for those dates for Morzine, its peak week.

You could try one of the villages surrounding Morzine or further a field in La chapelle or Chatel

You could try http://www.thesnowtraveller.com/snowlutions/ or special deals page on the site

Good Luck
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've booked with these for 11 of us, you can't have "creve couer", it's ours but don't know about others, worth a look?
http://www.alptitude.com/index.php?page=page0&season=winter&lang=en
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
head_like_a_rock, I have noticed that Chalet la Credence, Morzine, through www.simply-alpine.co.uk have the half term week free and sleeps 16. Don't know if it is of any help, but by going through Simply Alpine you deal directly with the owners, thus helping to keep the price down somewhat. And no I don't own Simply Alpine but know people who have and thoroughly recommend them. Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
head_like_a_rock, Sorry meant to say 'have used them' Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all for the responses...about to start haggling, will let you know how it goes!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy