Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski race holiday ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of setting up a ski race holiday Giant Slalom Grenoble France week 2 or 3 january 2013,
• 6 days skiing
• Sunday free ski ,
• Monday – Thursday slalom training with FFS instructor 10h-12h closed piste with gates,
• Friday timed ski race.
• Accommodation + ski pass (self catering self drive)
• for 400-500 uk pounds
would it work ?
regards malabar
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
malabar, Try Philbo, he has a race academy set up that runs all year
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
malabar, Hmmm, id I wnted to attend a race camp I'd be looking to go to one of the ones run by ex-WC-racers, of qhich there are a few at similar prices...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, You can go to one with the name of an ex WC racer on the tin but that won't mean that a/ they will be coaching and b/ they will be any good at coaching you. The name does bring people in and that's why the set ups use them.

There are no British set ups that I know of with ex WC racers coaching for more than a couple of days at a time.

malabar, Using an FFS Instructor is an option and may work but, in my experience, people get more from a coach, with experience of working with racers rather than a French Instructor. It also helps if the coach can communicate effectively with the trainees/clients. Whilst I'm not saying that this would not be the case, it may be perceived as the case by some prospective clients.

We're running some training for Adults/masters for all standards with a long weekend in Tignes at the end of November and two individual weeks, one in January and one in March. These will have a minimum of 4-5 hours coaching per day. gate training, timing and video analysis as standard. All with an Ex British Team Head Coach. All training will be client centric with a maximum of 6 clients to a coach.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Philbo, Why would I want a British outfit necessarily? But point otherwise taken... snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I put that in there as many people would prefer someone who could communicate effectively in their own language. But there are others for whom the 'I trained with xxxx' is what it's all about, regardless of what they get for their skiing out of it.

Having been involved for over 20 years, I've seen many (good and bad) outfits out there and it's peoples choice based on what they want to get out of it. Some will look at cost only, some are bought in by marketing hype. some won't train with British coaches due to bias/prejudice.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
malabar, Just my tuppence ha@penny worth - I think you would be up against outfits that have excellent reputations , proven success at International racing standard, and coaches with buckets of top level experience - and you're also pitching your price point at in or around the same level - also the outfits I'm talking about offer fitness training/analysis/advice, video analysis and ski tuning sessions built into the fee. If it's not going to be too much risk to you and you want to have a go then fire away but the racing community are a tight knit bunch and look and expect top level stuff for their money so make sure and do your homework. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Philbo, yeah, fair enough. Anyway, I see from your website that you're planning a weekend course in Tignes in November, could you send me (or post) more details please? Thanks!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name,

We have this up at £200 for the course itself and will be able to help sort transfers and accommodation. We may be able to get a pass deal with the accommodation also.

There will be 4 days on the hill -Fri to Mon with tech and gate training on all four days. Using stubbies and full gates and working with the trainees needs and with what they would like to do.

We should cover at least some Sl and GS over the four days.

I'll be running the course and will be bringing in additional coaches as or when we need to, depending on numbers.

Please drop me a line if you'd like more information.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sincere thanks for all the constructive feedback, seems the Uk racing seen is not only active but fairly priced,
great news for the sport.
Tignes in November… what memories, a forest of slalom poles in every direction - great atmosphere .
regards malabar
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
malabar, another vote for Philbo, and his setup !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy