Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Smith?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went on a Snoworks (Phil Smith) course a few years ago and was very impressed - my skiing came on leaps and bounds. And I'm probably going to do another this year. But what about Warren Smith's courses? Should I try one of those? From what I can tell, the methods are similar. But it would be interesting to hear views about which is best. Or does the decision just boil down to Tignes versus Verbier?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stevo, I've been on one of each although the warren smith course was a few years ago now. I would say they are both very good and my skiing improved significantly after each. The approaches are different though, The Warren Smith set up is ime more formulaic and also concentrates more on biomechanics, symmetry etc than Snoworks. Phil Smith seems to like to keep it simple and really tries to emphasise the importance of losing inhibitions/blockages and focusing your attention on the ski edge to allow you to react to the ever changing terrain/snow conditions. Hope this helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stevo, I've done one course with Phil and several with Warren. Both are good communicators and "sell" their own method, but really they're both chasing a similar outcome and so are simillar.

I like the fact that Warrens courses run all day(ish) rather than half days. I also felt they tend to be a bit more of a laugh.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stevo, I have booked to go on a Warren Smith course to Verbier on 2nd December. This will be my first course, had a few lessons with TDC in Tignes two years ago which were v good and has inspired me to do a week with WS. I chose them because they appear to explain the process quite thoroughly and the dvd's are good. I did read somewhere on the forum that there are a lot of drills but if it helps me off the plateau then great. Also the fact that it is 5 full days seems great value for money. Fingers crossed the snow will be good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy