Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transceiver Practice in Richmond Park (Sunday, November 18th)

Poster: A snowHead
jsrt201,

You're not too late to join us. Having your own tranny also makes it better.

Look forward to seeing you next Sunday.

Currently we have:-

Pedantica,

Adrian, It would be great if you could bring the spare tranny too.

Spinout, The practice session is definitely on, you're welcome to join us.

wam15, Hope you can come and join us.

Batman_123, + Side Show Bob - I hope you can join us.

Badpanda, + Mr Badpanda if Wales (where I was born there) isn't flooded.

1 x SCGB

1 x PJ
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has there been any response from SCBG on this? Perhaps they could offer some tranceivers for the afternoon to cope with high levels of demand.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welshflyer, I'm no longer free
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pedantica,

Thanks for the update.

polpolpol85,

The SCGB only hire out their transceivers.

There's only one SH coming without a unit so we should be OK.

Are you joining us?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can we come to this please? No transceivers (at least not until Christmas), so if that causes problems we'll give it a miss. Although if hiring is an option (and someone can point me in the right direction) I'll chuck a few £ at the issue.

Thank you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spannah,

Yes, come along we should have enough units between us for you to look over someones shoulder.

Someone has told me that Snow & Rock are selling the following Ortovox kit (transceiver, shovel & probe) for £240 instead of £330 but I don't anything about this model. You might want to check it out if you're near one of their shops.

http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=ORT0029GG

At £240 it still seems expensive but I'm not sure how much the gear is nowadays.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Someone on this forum has just published the following promo code to get 30% off Snow & Rock prices which may be the reason they are offerong the Ortovox avalanche kit I mentioned in the previous posting.

Promo Code:-

SRDOTW1311
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Somethings come up which means I may not be able to make it. Will try and keep you informed!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wam15,

Thanks for the update.

It may even be dry & sunny on Sunday. The only downside to that is that the car parks in the park may get full. It is possible to park on the streets just outside the park on a Sunday.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=519384&y=170418&z=110&sv=liverpool&st=6&tl=Map+of+Liverpool+Road,+Kingston+Upon+Thames,+Surrey,+KT2&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BBC weather report for Kingston upon Thames on Sunday says "A cold, frosty start but a sunny morning and also sunny for part of the afternoon before it becomes cloudier later in the afternoon" and shows temperatures of up to 8C for the afternoon.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We'll be there tomorrow, and no longer will have to look over others' shoulders as had a shopping accident in Ellis Brigham today Very Happy

Looking forward to it!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spannah,

Don't forget to put charged batteries in them. (My sister bought a new camera to take photos at her daughters' wedding, she didn't charge up the battery!!).

Also read the manual, basically they work in the same way but will have differences.

I've replied to your pm, look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks to welshflyer for organising the day. It was nice to meet four Snowheads, to see their faces and to use real names. I had expected a few more people to be there. The sun was shining and the temperature was fine. The absentees missed a nice outing and some interesting practice.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
welshflyer, Thanks for organising the session, it was a useful couple of hours and I am sure those who were there would agree. It was interesting to see how the transceivers performed. While there there was nothing wrong with my old BCA Dts it was clear that technology has moved on leaps and bounds since it was produced and the newer transceivers (no brands mentioned!!) made it look decidedly outclassed and out functioned (but not redundant).

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 21-11-12 11:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I too found the exercise very useful. The downside to the day for me was seeing how the newer transceivers are a lot easier to use. Should I upgrade to a newer version.

It's a shame not more SHs attended the session. If organised in future I would move the location to Hyde Park which is central London and easier to get to by public transport.

Oh, I forgot to practice a "multiple" burial. Another thing for a future session.
ski holidays
Spinout,
Quote:

the newer transceivers (no brands mentioned!!)

Why not? When I attended a most enjoyable (and well-attended) session on Primrose Hill last year, we wrote equipment reviews for the benefit of the forum as a whole.

Incidentally, on that occasion we worked in pairs quite a lot of the time, and even those without transceivers were therefore able to benefit from the session. It seemed to work just fine. A fun day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy