Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 skiers looking for single rooms

Poster: A snowHead
Evening All,
So the weekend has been picked 5/6 January, but we are struggling to find accommodation. We are looking for 2 single rooms, and half board. And we hope someone on here can help.
We skied Westendorf and the Skiwelt last year. This year we are looking for something higher up with longer runs, we don't care which country and we aren't fussy about the apres ski.
Finding 2 rooms is tough and as we live in euro land the conversion from sterling to euro when I see some costs is really scarey.
So I am hoping that someone kind Snowhead has a place in their past or has a place they are offering now.

Thanks,
Wakkitt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wakkitt, Hotel Valentin in Les Deux Alpes would suit. Nice place, loads of good food. Alisa who runs it with her french husband is english. http://www.les2alpesleisure.com/english/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wakkitt, I've stayed here and liked it and the skiing is top class. You've picked a busy time as that's Russian new year.

http://edelweiss-davos.ch/en/home/84.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wakkitt, It is the Orthodox Christmas/New year, so most places are full of Eastern Europeans. I have seen this situation really explode over the last few seasons, especially in Austria. This pushes up the prices.

Why look for 2 singles when it may be easier to find a twin room?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue wrote:

You're kidding right? I challenge you to spend even 10 minutes in the same bedroom as one of my little ski-gang without wanting to murder him, yourself and perhaps a random selection of strangers Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27, You only sleep there, not live 24/7 together FFS! rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
Samerberg Sue wrote:

You're kidding right? I challenge you to spend even 10 minutes in the same bedroom as one of my little ski-gang without wanting to murder him, yourself and perhaps a random selection of strangers Shocked

I'd find a better ski gang. Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, geepee, you're both girls - you can never understand the horror of the male ski-mate room share... spoo
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee, Great disguise Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
red 27, you are so wrong on so many levels! Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue, well whatever but TBH the OP has asked for single room recommendations so if you don't have any why not just stay silent instead of asking them why?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used to share rooms with no problem, but not any more. I wouldn't inflict my snoring on anybody. Embarassed

The OP has chosen a v busy time AND wants just a weekend, rather than a full week. Those factors are probably more problematical than needing single rooms. It's the end of the new year week, so traffic will be heavy.

wakkitt, as you live in euroland, why does conversion/sterling come into the equation?

I'd second the recommendation for the Valentin in LdA. I am booked there in January, for a week intro to off piste with Easiski, and paid no supplement for a single room (a perk of having booked in September, it seems).

The following weekend would probably be better all round - low season. But French hotels tend to be pretty inflexible about odd period bookings, even in low season.

You could try Mountainsun's Italian chalets - they have singles there at no supplement and AFAIK will do airport transfers to, and short periods.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, It is maybe easier to find a twin room at such a busy period especially for a non-standard week. The OP is in Ireland, so travel options are not so great either.

Pull your neck in as well sunshine, you projected your experiences on to my question to the OP. So who was being irrelevant?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi wakkitt,

I don't know if it is any help, as it differs slightly from your dates but we have two single rooms available from 6th - 13th Jan in Chalet Campanules.

The price for the week is £450 per person (sterling - sorry!) for the week, fully catered, with no single supplements for the single rooms. We can also offer short-breaks within those dates, with a discount off the week price if you aren't staying the full week.

Details are available via the website (linked below) but if you have any questions, please just ask.

Happy planning!
Heather
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi All,
Thanks for the info. I'll check the suggestions so far.
My mistake in the original post, we are looking for a place for the whole week. I meant to indicate we were flexible about starting the Sat or Sun.
Thanks,
Wakkitt
snow conditions
"pull your neck in sunshine' followed by an informative and helpful post from Snow and Sunshine, there's something rather fitting about that...

Moving on... wakkitt, as a general bit of advice I would say Switz abs Austria are much better for single rooms in Hotels and the locals are friendly (with a few notable exceptions!) snowHead

I also use mountainsun as Pam W has mentioned and they are excelllent
latest report
Ice and fire in La Plagne are well worth looking at. Wanted to go for Xmas but they are booked for then
snow report
Quote:

"pull your neck in sunshine' followed by an informative and helpful post from Snow and Sunshine, there's something rather fitting about that...

Laughing
snow report
Londonboy50, sorry - you're right and we are unfortunately booked for Christmas. We have space for a single room either the week before or the week after if that's any use?
snow report
wakkitt, What are your flight options in terms of destination airports? There is not such a wide choice I would think for direct flights out of Ireland. If you can give people some idea of the regions and your price range, then maybe people will be able to suggest places. Perhaps either a TO deal (but you may have to pay the exhorbitant single supplements) or buy your flights yourself and deal direct with a hotel. That way you will avoid the exchange rate costs as you are dealing direct in Euros. Do you want lots of "Wellness" facilities or are you happy with good basic value for money?

At that time of year you do not have to go "high" but places like Sölden, Obergurgl, Zillertal (Fügen and Kaltenbach for example) give you the safety net of a glacier if that is what you feel you need. Other than that, the world is your oyster so to speak. You will get better VFM by looking at the not so well-known places as they do not tend to be overrun with Eastern Europeans that particular week as yet. But the Russians and Ukrainians I stayed with in a B&B in Radstadt last season all said that many normal (i.e. not the super rich) people are becoming more savvy about the resorts and seeking to avoid the big names more and more. It is certainly beginning to be seen as a "high season" week in many Austrian resorts because of the Orthodox Christmas and New Year and prices have crept up to reflect the demand for beds.
snow report
we have single rooms in Corvara 5 Jan--intermediate group lead by 2 qualified instructors with a passion for Italy--come & join us £700---cheers Ruth
latest report
red 27 wrote:
Samerberg Sue, geepee, you're both girls -

I've just seen this. Shocked Does that mean I can get an interesting room share at the PSB. Madeye-Smiley

Colin B Thanks. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
geepee, do try to keep up
latest report
Hi Wakkitt,

I found a single room at Hotel Stella Alpina in Sauze d'Ouix starting 6th Jan, booked it thru Neilson. Good reviews on Trip Advisor Smile

Ed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy