Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier for the winter....!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys!

Im 22, F, and I have just got a job in Verbier for the winter as a Restaurant Manager
I am a complete newby at seasons and snow!!
I have decided to learn to snowboard first rather than ski... (mainly because it looks cooler!!) Very Happy

Any advice for a first timer?

Tiffani x

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-10-12 12:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome! And congrats on being able to get a season!

And board because its cooler? What decade have you been living in?????
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hahaha!
Nah, I just liked the look of boarding rather than ski'ing (and my legs are stuck firmly onto the same thing - don't fancy spending my learning life doing the splits!! lol)

Im having a few lessons in England just to get the hang of things - then learn the rest on the actual snow!! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like your mind is made up, have fun! I'd say break a leg but boarders break arms! Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I am a complete newby at seasons and snow!!

but not at managing restaurants, one hopes. wink Or at least, one does if one is going to Verbier with Ski Total.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't remember the last time I ever saw anyone do the splits on skis and I teach lots of beginners.

You'll enjoy Verbier it's a great place.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im excited!!

No, not new to restaurant management! At least I can tick that box!
Yes, I have heard and read a lot about wrist guards! Running a restaurant with a broken arm wont go down well Puzzled

Excited Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TiffaniBarrett, Welcome, there's quite a few Verbier regulars around here. You're sure to have fun. Farinet apres ski is your friend!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steve Sparks wrote:
Farinet apres ski is your friend!

Googles...
It looks like it will be my friend!! Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve Sparks wrote:
TiffaniBarrett, Welcome, there's quite a few Verbier regulars around here. You're sure to have fun. Farinet apres ski is your friend!

looks like the front bar is getting a revamp this summer too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TiffaniBarrett, Arrange a large discount at your Restaurant for all snowHead s please wink

You have landed the star prize - Verbier is just a stunning place in so many ways and you will have the time of your life.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TiffaniBarrett, I love you Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TiffaniBarrett, Good for you, you will have a fabulous time in Verbier. Do try to go for the ski rather than the snowboard option, you'll find that more people ski (I promise it's cool) than board in Verbier. All good luck and have a brilliant time. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Halfhand I Love you too Puzzled

Swissie I am mega excited, thank you! I do want to eventually learn to both ski and snowboard. I have just chosen snowboarding first! I will master all!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TiffaniBarrett, Ignore these luddites, do what you want and snowboard your a$$ off. You won't break your arms, but do get the wrist guards and make sure your gloves fit over them. Get some impact shorts too, they'll save you getting a bum like a baboon (you WILL get some bruises) and even if you don't fall over too hard it makes sitting on the snow (and you WILL sit on the snow alot) more comportable and warmer.

Enjoy your season, work front-of-house well at the hotel and have fun!
snow report
I'm gonna be working out in Verbier too as a ski instructor this season, first time (although have been for a few weeks before - so can also recommend Farinet Apres!)

Can't wait! Very Happy
latest report
musehead, who are you with?
ski holidays
Musehead, I will be seeing you there then! Need a tour guide or two!!!
ski holidays
Also get those street skater type knee pads. They're great for beginner snowboarding. You haven't exactly picked the easiest resort to learn in though.
latest report
TiffaniBarrett, My daughter is working in Verbier this winter, so I'll get her to look you up, she knows the 4 Valleys well. I'll put her onto the Snowheads site. Smile
ski holidays
Swissie Thanks so much, would be great to have someone who knows the place well!! Is she a skier or boarder?
and Nickski I'm a quick learner.... Hopefully (fingers crossed) I wont be on my knee's or back bottom too much for too long!! Very Happy rolling eyes
ski holidays
TiffaniBarrett, She's a skier, but that wouldn't worry her. You'll find there are so many people your age in Verbier and will have a really fun time, there is great camaraderie. She is in London ATM but will get her on to Snowheads when she returns. When are you arrivong in Verbier?
ski holidays
Swissie I actually fly out on the 11th, but I am pretty sure I am training somewhere else and heading to Verbier from the 18th-19th November x
ski holidays
Went to Verbier in 2011 - still paying off the credit card Shocked
snow conditions
Congrats on the new job, like the others have said I am sure you will love it. Skiing is far cooler than boarding cause we dont use the middle of the piste as a deck chair to enjoy the vista!
snow conditions
You skiers hating on boarding are giving skiing a bad name...
ski holidays
snowplowed, yeah because skiers NEVER stop en-mass in the middle of a piste and wave their poles about like idiots... Give a skier a ski pole and he'll immediately point at something with it, no matter how close it may be.
ski holidays
Congrats on the job. You will love it: Verbier is one of the best places to spend the winter and has a great ski/snowboard seasonnaire community.

Otherwise, what is this, 1995? Can people knock it off with the ski vs snowboard thing? There are a handful of genuine reasons to ski rather than snowboard in Verbier and they all kick in well above beginner level - like months of slope time. The hike out of Stairway and round the lac de Cleuson are the obvious candidates but otherwise, it's all good.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TiffaniBarrett,

Just a little tip.

I wouldnt write anything (mention your employer) on any social media website or forums when you are under contract with an employer you may find yourself out of a job before you start. Just a warning !

So i would advise you to edit out your employer here..
snow conditions
TiffaniBarrett, Verbier is an amazing place, but really comes alive on.... skis. They're so liberating, and make so much more of the mountain accessible. Have a great season either way!
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Just a little tip.

I wouldnt write anything (mention your employer) on any social media website or forums when you are under contract with an employer you may find yourself out of a job before you start. Just a warning !

So i would advise you to edit out your employer here..

Every single person on FB and Twitter that I have found is writing alllll about who they are and where they are working - even seasonairres that are returning for their 2nd/3rd season. Not sure it is that much of an issue but thanks for the heads up Happy
snow report
Woah woah woah peoples! I have no skiiers vs snowboarders issue! I want to learn to do both!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy