Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any room at the inn for a Christmas Ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a Christmas Ski as my daughter has decided to spend Christmas with her Mum this year and due to being busy at work minimal chances to ski this year. I'm a young 50 year old and an advanced (bit out of shape) skier who doesn't mind helping beginners or exploring the mountain. I also did a couple of seasons as a Chalet Host recently so have no problems mucking in with any cooking if required. Skiing is the important thing for me so if you have a spare space anywhere drop me a line

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 7-10-12 21:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Londonboy50, got space until 29th here in Morzine. All info at the website below.
Remind us you are a snowHead when you make contact, Nina can do you a special price.

Ps, welcome to snowHead 's
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have availabiliy in Tignes, Espace Killy; Les Coches, Paradiski and 2 chalet hotels in the Italian Dolomites (we have single rooms in the Italy chalets so no single occuupancy supplments).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Paul looks charming. Know Morzine quite well, did my very first Black at Avoriaz and no one forgets their first Black. Was hoping for a group as whilst I can eat dinner with nobody for company but a good book, Christmas Day may be pushing it a bit. Will there be any catering during the week as I notice you need at least six before it is provided. Thanks for the snowHead welcome.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Joanna. Would like some people to go with but The Dolomites are tempting as not been there since I was a beginner. Will do a bit of exploring of flights and things.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Londonboy50 wrote:
Thanks Joanna. Would like some people to go with but The Dolomites are tempting as not been there since I was a beginner. Will do a bit of exploring of flights and things.

I highly recommend Mountainsun's Albergo Frohsinn.
Went solo myself a few years ago (no single supp) and had a great time skiing with the staff (I've forgotten the name of the dude who tunes the skis in the basement). The chalet location is excellent (ski in ski out next to the gondola) and the scenery is truly breath-taking. San Cassiano is a small, quiet village and very classy. I flew in/out of Innsbruck which is a shorter transfer than Venice and I liked the scenic approach.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks ALQ does seem a good option at the moment. Better make my mind up soon as flights are starting to increase.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Mountainsun. I've only ever stayed at Les Melezes in Tignes, but the bar in the hotel attracts a decent number of regulars and I did New Year there solo a few years ago. Not been for a little while now, but I know lots of snowHead s regularly visit. Probably a bit different there without Rog .... but put it this way, I'll be in Tignes for a month in Jan / Feb and will certainly pop in for a beer on my way back to Brev. V friendly spot.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Londonboy50, currently waiting for our first christmas week booking, but we invariably do a christmas dinner on 25th.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Londonboy50 wrote:
Better make my mind up soon as flights are starting to increase.

Don't you just hate it when that happens Mad

Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Guys. With flights going up I've booked myself a holiday in Tignes with catered accomodation with Mountainsun Ltd, ski pass, transfers and thanks to SwissAir my own equipment all for £900 and then thanks to transfer / flight times I get to ski for seven and a bit days. Perfect, just beer money and mountainside money to think about. I worked a season in Tignes and Val so bit like visiting an old friend, what else can you ask for at Christmas. Thanks to you all and Paul ...... I've marked you for a visit at another time
Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Mark Warner do solo options - if you are prepared to share a room with a stranger, you don't pay any suppliments and you might get lucky and get the room to yourself (I have 3 times now) they ski guide 4.5 days and have a large social table for the solo travellers at dinner so you get to know lots of folk and you can mix as much as you want. It's a great option and tho on the outset the hols look expensive, you hardly spend anything when you are there as so much is included - they also offer last minute deals via Travelzoo - and there are nearly always 11th hour deals at Xmas
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Singlesport have a chalet in la Plagne 22 Dec with 19 guests & one room spare £529 shared or £729 single, ages from 20s to 60s so you would fit well please take a look www.singlesport.com cheers Ruth
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi. Did you find an option to ski. I have a free week 22nd Dec. 48yr old male. good skier, from gatwick catered is my preference
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi. Did you find an option to ski. I have a free week 22nd Dec. 48yr old male. good skier, from gatwick catered is my preference
ski holidays
Londonboy50, robert read, if you're still looking, we have unexpected availability from 22/12 for a week - fully booked in all properties then for New Year. Fully catered, close to the village, lifts, slopes, relaxed Chalet-Hotel - drop me a lPM if of interest Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy