Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SAALBACH for a day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked Zellamsee for the New Year , my sons want to go to Hinterglem for a day , they have been wanting to do this every year so hopefully it will happen this time round !.What time would the first bus leave from Zell .?.would a taxi be a better way of travelling ? What lift should they head for when they get to Saalbach? I would appreciate any helpful hints .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just seen Tatman's tours itiinery on another post which is excellent but what time would last bus leave Saalbach ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have just seen Tatman's tours itiinery on another post which is excellent but what time would last bus leave Saalbach ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The winter bus timetable hasn't been published yet, but as times rarely seem to change from one year to the next, you can use this info for planning and check once you are in resort.

First busses (Postbus 680 from the Postplatz / 2 mins later from the Railway Station) 06.10, 06.15, 08.15, 09.15 - journey takes 30-35 mins to the Schattberg Express in the centre of Saalbach.

Last busses back from Schattberg Express - 17.30, 18.30, 19.23.

If there are 3 or more of you, I would pay a bit extra and take a taxi - you're on holiday and running for the bus is not much fun.

The obvious place to head for is the Schattberg Express, then follow Tatman's itinery over the Schattberg Sprinter and clockwise around the Circus.

My alternative recommendation would be to get the bus/taxi to the Schonleitenbahn lift at Vorderglemm (5 km before you reach Saalbach) and from the top of this lift, turn left and take a long warm-up run on the blues 65-66-52 down to Saalbach.

Once in Saalbach, you can choose to take the Schattberg Express itinery clockwise (as above) or keep to the right on the 52 after the Hinterhag Alm and take the Bernkogel Gondola (across the pedestrian street) and do the Circus anti-clockwise, ending up at the top of the Schattberg lift, from where you can ski down the red/blue 1a/1b to Saalbach, or the 7 km blue 2b back to the bottom of the Schonleiten lift.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi alicia,

quinton, Seems to be very well briefed on the area, its about 20 years since I was last there, but I would plump for the Vordaglemm kick off and make my way up and over down to Leogang.
That's a great warm up, and its one of the most pleasent pistes in the area .. well it sticks in my mind anyway.

Have a great time!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DrLawn, Yes, the trip to Leogang is also a great day out - I didn't include it as alicia, wrote that they wanted to ski Hinterglemm.

On the subject of Hinterglemm, there is floodlit skiing there at the U-bahn lift, so alicia, and the boys could plan their day to finish there at about 4 pm, then grab a bite to eat and spend an hour or two on the floodlit slopes (it will be dark by 16.30 at New Year) before catching the last bus from Zwolferkogel in Hinterglemm (18.17 or 19.15 on current timetable) or getting a taxi.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alicia, For the full bus timetables, go to www.saalbach.com - click on 'Winter', then on the union jack, then on 'Ski Circus', then, from the drop-down menu, 'Good To Know'.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you so much for all your information ,it is greatly appreciated . Smile Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy