Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GVA Airport - Yet more mayhem ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As of last week the arrivals level car park (open air) (P2) was closed, allegedly for 6 months or so. The 6 underground levels remain open (P1).
The waiting Taxi's have moved into the car park while their side of the area is refurbished.

Going to be fun in the winter mes ami's.
Space in P51 may be made available but this has yet to be confirmed. Nothing mentioned on the website at all, in fact there are 175 spaces tonight in P2 supposedly Puzzled

Not too bad for those transfer companies with <2m vehicles, but a problem for anything higher.
Guessing the weekends will be the same as usual, using part of the Migros shopping mall parking beyond the railway station.

If I hear any new info I will update.
Happy travelling one and all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DallyPaul, thanks for the info.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I rarely use those car parks, as I just tend to go in an pick up, or drop off, fairly briefly. One possibility is to use car parks on the French side?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So I guess for those who use P51 it will be off to the expo thingy - any one used it I have always managed to squeeze into P51 (with a bit of lurking).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DallyPaul, Thank for this info. All fun eh? I am afraid that any friends coming over to stay this season with us will not be picked up from GVA, but directed to the train (mind you I now also have a good excuse not to pick/drop them off, saving a potential 4 hour round trip)! But the parking at the airport isn't great, a couple of times earlier this year I had to come back to England for a few days and decided to drive as leave the car at the LT car park, both times it said it was full, I ignored (or if I had the time, as chocksaway did, lurked) the sign and did manage to find a place at roof level, but its not adequate for the volume of cars.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GVA has been fairly chaotic in recent months due to all the roadworks going on, and the arrivals parking closure is going to cause even more fun and games. I hope that in the long run all these changes will be worth it as the short term parking queues are usually terrible
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitters, Lets hope! Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a couple of pickup/drop off experiences over the summer, once when I flew back to the UK and Mrs DJL dropped me off and a pick up and drop off when my mum came out for a week. The roadworks caused a bit of trouble but the car park (I always use the arrivals one even for drop off) was fairly normal. What irritates most is using up most of my free 10 minutes trying to find a slot to ditch the car!

I do wonder what will happen during Geneva Motor Show week when it is always really bad. That usually coincides with our lads' trip (yep 7-17 March 2013 this year) which often involves multiple GVA pick ups or drop offs. Looks like the guys will have to take the train to Aigle as Swissie suggests.

The only other alternative I can think of is to get people arriving to catch the car hire transfer bus (or walk) to the area opposite the pedestrian exit at the back of P51 (near the charter terminal) and then phone. I could lurk somewhere nearby and do a kerbside pick up.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, You very definitely, if dropping pff or picking up on the Swiss side use those car parks. The arrivals one in question is the short term pick up one.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't find the short term car parls that tricky. Although I rarely am there on a high season Saturday....

Not sure, unless your roof is >2m that this will be a major issue.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy