Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which snow Card Freizeit or Tirol Snow Card

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
For past two years I have bought the full snow card and this year I was going to do the same but the Freizeit card this year is good value (now includes Stubai, Slick, Ischgl for 3 trips) also it covers summer bahns and night skiing and also rodel bahns at Bergalm

I like the choice of the full snow card but to be honest spend 90% of my time at resorts on teh Freizeit card

Only issue is that some friends will get full snow card and if I go with them then this is extra cash (might be able to get reduction on lift prices by bringing Meldzette with me)

So just looking for advice from people

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume you live in Innsbruck right (can only get the Freizeitticket if registered as a resident)? I think the Freizeitticket is really good value (especially considering the mountain biking/swimming/etc in the summer). I have to have the Freizeit really (live up in Hungerburg, and it works out cheaper to take the Hungerburgbahn down into the city with the Freizeitticket than get an annual bus pass), ideally would get the Tirol Snow Card too (can't afford it atm though) - but tbh, I spend the majority of time at Nordkette, and I reckon it'd probably work out cheaper to buy day passes when I do go somewhere not covered. Also like the fact you get three days at both St Anton and Ischgl with the Freizeittcket - the only places I'd really like to go that aren't on it (but are on Tirol Snow Card) are Mayrhofen/Zillertal and the SkiWelt. I'm not sure I'd make the trip often enough to really justify the season pass over day tickets though.

VERY stoked to have Schlick2000 and Stubai on it now too!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Only issue is that some friends will get full snow card and if I go with them then this is extra cash (might be able to get reduction on lift prices by bringing Meldzette with me)

Interested to hear more about this..!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah that is kinda my thoughts, I live just outside Innsbruck so I can get freizeit card or even the full snow card for the local price of 490 euro

Love Schlick, nice place good runs, gets powder and never two busy and halt alm does the best kartoffel roastbratten. Oh and the tow up behind the piste bashed is a laugh
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you bring the Meldezette then they should give you discount at resorts but some resorts are a pain if they don't hear a tirolean accent
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kiltedboarder, Haven't skied Schlick since a family holiday about 10 years ago - really looking forward to getting back this season. Give me a shout if you fancy getting some turns in at some point!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiltedboarder wrote:
If you bring the Meldezette then they should give you discount at resorts but some resorts are a pain if they don't hear a tirolean accent

Sweet, will remember that!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiltedboarder, I believe there is a price for people who are registered as permanently living in Tirol which is considerably less than the price shown on the web site. SaraJ told me the Tirol Snow Card will only cost her 400 something Euro whereas I will be paying 630 Euro because I do not live in the province. You have to take your ID and your registration papers to the Kasse I think.

I'm buying the Tirol Snow Card this weekend, at the higher price sadly. But it is still amazing value for money, you only need 16 days on the snow and then you are quids in so to speak.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samerberg Sue, yep! Even more discount for students I think too (sadly only Innsbruck Uni students)!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I agree that both cards give excellent value for monay. Snow card is 490 for locals (not sure if you get discount for students). Freizeit is 396 and I think 365 for students

@Clarky999, yes for sure - once the proper white stuff starts to fall I give you a shout and we can meet up

Might think about a few hours at Stubai this weekend just to free of the legs in anticipation of a good season (pray to the snow gods)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kiltedboarder, I'm on the Tux tomorrow - not sure about your forecast but certainly tomorrow looks a better option than Sunday! More snow on its way from Sunday Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cool.

Was thinking about going to Stubai today, as I don't have a lot else to do! Only three pistes open though (one very short, and one a variation of the other) so didn't seem worth the fuel. Will be at a kayaking race/festival in Oetztal this weekend, planning on Stubai next week, hopefully a bit more gets opened...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So decided to go for the freizeit card bought it this afternoon. No problems with paperwork they asked for my Meldezette (which is now 2 years old) and no problems at all.

Just need the snow now!!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy