Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Noel Baxter Retires...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... announced yesterday that he was retiring.

Shame...lack of funding and a few injuries to blame.

Hope he can find a coaching role somewhere and pass on his knowledge.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, had a bad knee injury last season and the obvious lack of funding meant at his age it was the right time to retire.
Good luck to him, I'm sure he will do some coaching, like Alain & Finlay are now doing.

This now only leaves Dave Ryding in Slalom, TJ Baldwin & Dougie Crawford in DH & Super G to compete on the Mens World Cup circuit. And Chemmy for the women.
A pretty small team but only Dave has his coach paid for, the other 3 are all fully self funded.
However the Junior girls tech team (called the FIS/EC team) coach is being paid for by BSS.

CONFUSED! Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a very sorry state of affairs in my opinion, and I dont think that the limited amount of funds is being spent in the most efficient way. Could do with finding a really good sponsor, but then id worry about how much of the money would actually end up on 'the front line'. Having a lot of charity experience i see how much money goes on running the charity's rather than actually benefiting anyone!!! (well it benefits the 'officers' of course wink )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another sad indictment of the ridiculous state of the way athletes are funded in this country. I also hope he can find a way to pass his knowledge on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy