Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for seasonaires to make a group to share accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've posted this on Natives too, so some of you might have already seen it..

Hi!

We're looking for other seasonaires to make a group to share an apartment somewhere in the French Alps for 2012/13.

Looking for other would-be seasonaires to make a group fairly quickly so we can secure some accomodation. We're flexible on where we go, but have a big preference for France, we also have a few resort preferences, but are open to options if there are any better ones! We'd like to go somewhere with a fairly big ski area, a bit of nightlife, and a decent seasonaire community.

We're pretty keen snowboarders, but we do like a bit of a party too! We probably won't be getting too many first lifts, but will be getting lots of last ones. It'd be nice to live with some people on the same wavelength, easy going, like a party, but respectful of other people too (even the biggest seasonaire pads aren't huge!)

We're two guys, 23 and 24, so we're looking for people 18-30(ish), male or female, it's cool if you're on your own, or in a small group and want to join up, or maybe in a couple, although I'm not sure we'd fit with a very coupley joined-at-the-hip type couple(!)

Our resort preferences are (not in order):

Meribel
Morzine
Val D'Isere
Val Thorens

We're not really interested in going to Tignes, as we were there last year and would like to go somewhere new this time around.

*If you've managed to read this far, thanks for reading (and congrats!), hope to hear from you soon!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
my daughter is looking for somewhere in VT at the moment and needs people to share with.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey,

I’m trying to get out to either VT or Val d’Isere. I’m afraid my situation may be a little too flaky for you guys at present, but maybe bear me in mind if you have anyone drop out/ leave part way through the season. I’m aiming for at least a month in the snow, more if I can. I wouldn’t be coming out til end December/ January time. I have a job that’s 80% lined up in either of those places, but it’s a job that will require me to earn as I go, not a salary- hence the not being sure about how long I’ll last financially. If it goes well- I’ll stay as long as there’s snow and if it goes bad, until I run out of cash.

I’m 26, though will unfortunately be 27 by the time I get to the mountain. Likewise I’m a keen boarder (and I also ski) I’m not an early morning person and I enjoy a party. I’m easy going and like meeting new people.

If you’re interested, maybe you can keep me updated on your progress, likewise at this end. At present those are the only 2 resorts I’m looking at but I can let you know if that changes.

Word.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Guys,

I am a 30ish (33) male who would be interested, I will not be a seassonaire in the traditional sense as will be travelling back and forth to the UK and staying for extended weekends / week visits etc.

Let me know where you decide and costs of it as I would prefer to have a crash pad as and when I want to come out, rather than mucking about with accom every time.

Thanks,

Cam

P.S. Val Thorens appeals to me (have already made 1st booking) for locality to La Folie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Cam, I'm sure we can help you.

Drop me an email (marcellus@livetheseason.com) and we can discuss what you're looking for.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Cam,

I will be doing something similar to you. London contract with strict go-live dates means Mon-Fri in the UK, weekends in Nancroix (Les Arcs / Paradiski). Worked brilliantly last year. Easyjet / 3-month Lyon P6 parking pass / 'affordable' bed for the season in Nancroix. Let me know if you want more dets (reply or PM me).

Bob.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi s50cam, welcome to snowheads. If you fancy a crash pad over in Les Arcs or Bourg St Maurice, let me know as I have a few friends that might be interested in renting their place out for the season. Could be a bargin. I also can put you in touch with another guy looking to do the same thing. Much better to have your own place or share with like minded person. Check out my Les Arcs facebook page for loads more info about the place. Very Happy

Staying over at Bob place is also a good option, although Nancoix is a little out of the way if you do not have a car.

bobski62, Hi Bob, welcome to snowheads, hope we can meet up for a beer and maybe get out on the snow when it arrives. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, Nancroix could be described as 'a bit out of the way': no meaningful transport to rest of Les Arcs other than the lift system; no transport around the villages after 6pm; no bar, cafe, grocers, or even (hell's teeth) - boulangerie! In France! Authentic stone villages come at a price...

Once I've found out how to pm on this forum, will do that to hook up for a wee ski, and perhaps a dram snowcrazy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Bob, got your PM thanks. Will be in touch when the season starts.

For anyone wondering about Nancroix. It is not linked into the lift system right now although they do keep trying to get permission to do so. But if you are an ok skier/boarder you can get back to the village by either easier safer off piste route or many harder off piste routes when the snow is good.

There is a bus that runs every half hour from morning (I guess from when the lifts start) to the bottom of the funny lobster pots (local nickname) which takes you to the Peisey chairlift and Vanoise Express. As Bob says, the bus finishes about 6pm so after that without a car you could be stuck unless you use taxis or the chalet you stay in has a mini bus which many do. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy