Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 8-17 March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've booked to travel solo to Les Arcs for a week. I plan on catching the Eurostar to Paris and then the Lunea Corail sleeper down to Bourg-St-Maurice on Friday 8 March and staying in Bourg right by the funicular up to Les Arcs. Sleeper back to Paris Saturday evening and Eurostar back to London on Sunday morning 17th March.

I've got a twin room for 7 nights and mercifully I haven't had to pay too much in the way of a single supplement, but I wondered if anyone was interested in a week in Les Arcs 9-16 March skiing, but the train I'm getting leaves and returns to London 8 and 17 March. Catered chalet, sharing a twin room would be about £390 (can't be exact because I've booked a twin for single use so can't be exact as to how much extra the chalet would charge to do it for twin occupancy).

Although not essential it would be great to travel with someone of a similar level to me. I'm an intermediate skier, I've skied for 7 weeks (this will be my 8th). I'm confident on most reds and will try the occasional 'easy' black but don't usually push myself too hard. While out there I'll probably book a couple of sessions/clinics with a ski school. I've heard good things about New Generation and they have a base nearby so I'll probably try them.

I'm a professional male, 27, married, not too fussed who I travel with so long as you're clean!

John

p.s. I posted something similar a few weeks ago until it was pointed out I was travelling in Paris school holidays. I've amended my dates.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I posted something similar a few weeks ago until it was pointed out I was travelling in Paris school holidays. I've amended my dates.

sorry to say...... I think that's still Paris holidays.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

sorry to say...... I think that's still Paris holidays.

bummer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/france.html

It's the last weekend of the Paris hols, so should be quiet from the Monday - I'm banking on it, as we've just booked time off from the 9th- 23rd March Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup (but it's not as bad as the week before tho'). Chosen week is region C only which, unfortunately, = all the Parisians on hols

Everything from 16/02 to 16/03 = french school holidays
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RattytheSnowRat, Madeye-Smiley I looked at the wrong year rolling eyes Never mind, our 2nd week will seem really peaceful after that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
headtothehill, sounds like you have it sorted well. If you fancy meeting up for a drink when you are in Bourg let ,me know. We could try and arrange a bit of a ski as well if you are interested. If you are staying down in Bourg it is quite a trek over to new gen in Peisey Vallandry. If you want to have some lessons send me a PM here or over on my facebook page and i can put you in touch with a few Instructors that could meet you at the funi. Hope that helps. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy