Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello! we know about winter tyres...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Valkyrie wrote:
Just an update for completeness - AA eventually agreed that we could fit winter tyres without paying an additional premium. Wheels/tyres supplied by Tyremen arrived promptly, fitted with no issues and the car electronics picked up the cloned pressure sensors immediately.

What car do you have?
I only ask because we had the Tyremen-supplied wheels & winter tyres (complete with TPMS valves) fitted to Mrs RL's Mini cooper yesterday and the 'TPMS Initialise / reset" process has failed rolling eyes

I've tried it several times to no avail so it looks like I'll have to take the car to the Mini dealer (at vast expense, no doubt) to see if they can fix it.
A PITA but not wholly unexpected
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just want to mention that I spoke to Chris from Tyremen on the phone today and he has been very helpful. Mitsubishi wants to charge me £250+/tyre using existing rims. Chris gave me a deal which is FAR better.

I just have to wait for the leasing company to approve the purchase... that might be another fight.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi tyremen. I have a Seat Leon ST running original Pirelli 225/45V17s. I have RUD chains for these but am considering winter tyres. I'm assuming that a narrower, higher profile, 16" tyre and steel rim would be a good idea (and cheaper), but I can't find any information on sizing. What do I need to know re options (and would I be able to use the chains on a different spec tyre)?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Stevo, different tyre combis are either on a door sill or on a petrol flap (or in car's user manual)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks! Found a list buried in the manual.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy