Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone fancy forming a ski group?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm easy going, and love skiing. I would say I was intermediate, I'm quite happy on black or challenging reds, but haven't done much off-piste. I tend to ski all day & crawl to the bar when the runs have closed.

Unfortunately, next year my daughters can't go and my girlfriend doesn't ski. I don't know anyone else who can ski and so I thought I'd see if anyone else on here fancied a ski trip, maybe forming a group, the more the merrier, it doesn't matter if you're male or female, ANY AGE, it doesn't matter how old you are. I'll still be skiing with a zimmer-ski if I have my way. There MUST be others in a similar situation, and 'Singles' holidays are far too expensive.

It can be done reasonably cheaply by booking everything online rather than using Travel Agents, and its really easy to do. It works out at around £650 per person including lift pass, ski hire, flights, accommodation (self catering, basic but clean) & transfers to Chamonix or Avoriaz.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 15-03-17 11:13; edited 12 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Phil,

If you don't mind travelling alone, then we have some single rooms with no supplement in our Chalet Campanules, and there is usually a good atmosphere with everyone sitting down for dinner together in the evenings.

We have other solo skiiers booked in for 6-13th Jan and 24th Feb - 3rd March but you're welcome any week.

Details via the link in my tag line . . .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Phil, me and my friend, both male early 50s(straight by the way!) looking at going somewhere either December or February, cant do Jan as am skiing with girlfriend(just to prove I am straight!). When are you looking at going and are you set on Chamonix, not that Ive anything against it as Ive never been, I am reasonable/good intermediate, on piste only though, he describes himself as similar although Im not convinced! We are not far from you, Im just outside N.Yorks he is from Skipton.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I mentioned Chamonix is because I've been there a few times & I know it fairly well, and the skiing is great. Also the transfers from Geneva are cheap & regular, unlike some resorts. Having said that I would like to go back to Avoriaz too, and the same applies, though Avoriaz is ski in/ski out, which is great, whereas in the Chamonix valley you have to go by bus to the different areas. It doesn't take long and Chamonix has better apres-ski.

At the moment flights & accommodation are still available at a reasonable price, though it would be good to get something booked fairly soon. Especially as the flights have already gone up quite a bit.

By the way, though I realise you are straight, personally I don't have a problem if someone who was gay wanted to go, it doesn't bother me at all, as long as they want to ski.

Phil

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 7-10-12 3:21; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's mature you're after; you're on the wrong website!

Apart from organising your own trip or cadging a spot on someone elses trip; there's the various "Bashes" organised on here to join in with and the organisations that offer week long "courses" (Warren Smith, Snoworks etc etc) are good as everyone tends to stay in the same accomodation so a good group crack tends to build up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Marc,

Maybe mature was the wrong word to use, that implies boring middle aged people & I intend to grow old disgracefully, but I'm definitely on the correct website. I've changed it to older, point taken.

Organised courses & trips are all very well, as are singles holidays, but they are always overpriced. Skiing is expensive enough as it is. I've booked holidays inc. skiing independently online for the last 10 years & you can do it for half the price, if you take the time & effort to do it.

Phil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
piste_again, I should have used a smiley. i really meant that we're mostly immature! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well we're certainly all big kids once we get on the slopes! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

I've booked 16th Dec to Tignes with Mark Warner on their single share option - no suppliment as long as you are prepared to share a room with same sex like minded person tho the few times I've booked this way, I've always ended up with a room to myself.
52, female and a pretty good skier - into fitness so will be juggling apres ski with the gym (ha ha yeah right - 51 weeks of the year that's the case, but I make the exception on a ski holiday!!!)
If anyone is in resort that week, would be good to meet up?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bottleofbolly wrote:
Hi

I've booked 16th Dec to Tignes with Mark Warner on their single share option - no suppliment as long as you are prepared to share a room with same sex like minded person tho the few times I've booked this way, I've always ended up with a room to myself.
52, female and a pretty good skier - into fitness so will be juggling apres ski with the gym (ha ha yeah right - 51 weeks of the year that's the case, but I make the exception on a ski holiday!!!)
If anyone is in resort that week, would be good to meet up?
I've had a look at Mark Warner, it looks good but its very expensive. If you do it yourself you can do it much cheaper, including lift pass & ski hire, and its easy to do.
If you fancy a week in early Feb let me know. A few people are interested, and a female friend of mine, who is a non-skier, also wants to go.

Phil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Phil Singlesport caters exactly for people like you. We have 6 holidays on offer this season 5 on website plus Corvara 5 Janwe are just puting together--hope you will take a look

thanks Ruth www.singlesport.com
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi,

Are you still interested in getting a group of skiers together? Unfortunately I've lost your email address as it was on my old phone. Two women have messaged me, one from Keighley and one from Warwick (though she'll happily fly from Leeds/Bradford). I'm hoping we can get together as a group and sort something out for next winter.
I've just had a fantastic week in Chamonix which cost me £620 including flights, transfers, accommodation, lift pass and ski hire. Something similar would be ideal for next year, maybe a chalet if we can get enough people together.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 15-03-17 11:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrish wrote:
Hi Phil, me and my friend, both male early 50s(straight by the way!) looking at going somewhere either December or February, cant do Jan as am skiing with girlfriend(just to prove I am straight!). When are you looking at going and are you set on Chamonix, not that Ive anything against it as Ive never been, I am reasonable/good intermediate, on piste only though, he describes himself as similar although Im not convinced! We are not far from you, Im just outside N.Yorks he is from Skipton.

Hi,

Are you still interested in getting a group of skiers together? Unfortunately I've lost your email address as it was on my old phone. Two women have messaged me, one from Keighley and one from Warwick (though she'll happily fly from Leeds/Bradford). I'm hoping we can get together as a group and sort something out for next winter.
I've just had a fantastic week in Chamonix which cost me £620 including flights, transfers, accommodation, lift pass and ski hire. Something similar would be ideal for next year, maybe a chalet if we can get enough people together.
You can email me at philsams@msn.com.

Phil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy