Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

calling all single parents:

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a newly divorced mother of an almost 5 year old boy. I'm an intermediate/advanced skier and really want to get out skiing this season with my son, during school holidays and perhaps some weekends. I'm not sure what country/resort but obviously somewhere with good ski schools so I can get a few hours of skiing as my son ski's. It would be great to team up with other single parents with young children if you're out there? Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oliviakemp, welcome to snowheads. Can't help from a skiing partner point of view, but you should keep an eye out on the offers section of the esprit holidays site as they quite often do holidays for 1 adult and 1 child.

http://www.espritski.com/offers/

Examples

06/01/2013 Chalet Hotel Mariandre in Alpe d'Huez, 1 adult & 1 child £1099!
16/12/2012 Chalet McKinley (Altitude Residences) in Les Arcs 2000, 1 adult & 1 child £999!
06/01/2013 Chalet McKinley (Altitude Residences) in Les Arcs 2000, 1 adult & 1 child £1199!
06/01/2013 Chalet Olympus (Altitude Residences) in Les Arcs 2000, 1 adult & 1 child £1199!

I know they look quite expensive, but if you want someone to look after your kid whilst you go skiing then there's not many better than esprit.

Prices are constantly updated there through to the end of the season as welll so you might get cheaper if you're prepared to play the waiting game.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about the snowheads half-term family bash? See the Snow Events section for details: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89101
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oliviakemp, not actually a single parent but wife doesn't ski and I've taken my daughter with Esprit since she was 5 on my own and always had a good time (she was 10 at the last hols) , you can get some good single parent deals at that age of kid if you look at their brochure.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi olivia am in the same boat, but gone on ski trips without my son so far, though did go on a skiing trip of a sort with the singleparent travel club, they should come up in a google search and you may be able to organise something with others thay may work out less expensive.
good luck
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Besides Esprit the other British company offering child care services with their ski holidays is Mark Warner.

They look after the youngsters for the whole day for you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mark Warner do brilliant all day childcare - and they baby sit in the evening so you can enjoy dinner and drinks. They have a social table for solo travellers so you get to mix with a crowd during the evening and they do ski guiding 4.5 days. I've traveled solo with them several times and its always a good week. I wish I'd known about them when my children were small - I have stayed with ski Esprit and they are great but I think the Mark Warner holidays take some beating
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Olivia
I am in same boat as you. I first took my son when he was 6 then again last year. He's now 8. I'd love to go skiing this year but my budget is too tight to mention...I havent ruled it out completely but I'd need to find a great deal! I could only really go 2-9th Feb which may not suit you. I have another mum pal with a 4 year old girl in similar position. Both times i have stayed in France a chalet and booked my own cheapo flights. First time in Les Gets, second time Morzine. Both resorts are super family friendly. I just landed on my feet with them (as opposed to my bum). They both have loads of ski schools for kids. Booking a chalet and flights myself worked out a lot cheaper than the mark warner and esprit holidays - they do look awesome but are pricey, I guess it totally depends on your budget. A great place to look for cheap accomodation is chaletsdirect.com 'solutions room' you just post what you are lookng for and let the companies contact you directly. Let me know whether by any remote chance you are free the same week as me and my boy. We'd also consider a long weekend or 5 days.
Jo
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi....I'm a recently divorced father with two girls 11 and 9...we've booked flights for 18th Feb half term to Geneva...usually go to les gets but flexible this year...looking for accommodation now...we all ski well. Would rather hook up with others in same situation...chalet or whatever ...otherwise I'll probably book a central apartment and we'll make our own fun...yaiiiii let me know if you've come across anything interesting. ..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@oliviakemp, Hi and welcome to snowHeads. Do you have specific school holiday weeks in mind? Makes a difference to availability and price. Also if thinking of weekend breaks, any particular dates or months?

I agree with positive comments about Esprit and Mark Warner, especially for children around the age your son is.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@intermediate, He's a bit older now. Toofy Grin That post was 4 years ago!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Skiinskiout, @intermediate, The original post was made by @oliviakemp, in 2012 and she doesn't seem to have posted since then.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Iski, @geepee, thanks and d'oh! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy