Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

India next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a long shot - but am very excited about trip to India next week so had to share it with you guys! Cool
Work are sending me out and I've managed to tag on some holiday of my own at the end!
So if anyones going to be in Kerala next week!!!! Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck, somewhere i'd love to go! Let us know how it goes............

Remember imodium & other good practice items! Twisted Evil Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountain mad, not next week but please send a report, after a meeting today I realised a business trip was on the cards so I'm very interested.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Imodium has been purchased in bumper quantities! Will post report on return - heading to Hyderabad, Bangalore and then some free time in Kerala....! Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well nearly halfway through the trip - and so many misconceptions have been blown away.
First half has been work related and its been eye-opening. Apart from the road to the office - you wouldn't know you were in another continent - the office and hotels could well be in Europe. And the guys I've been meeting are smart and really keen - show much more enthusiasm and initiative than their counterparts in the call centres back home.
Food is gorgeous - imodium not even touched!
Looking forward to the weekend and next week (on personal leave rather than work) when I hope to find out more about the place - so far its been fairly limited but the plans for next week should mean i walk around more in the country rather than seeing it from an air conditioned cab!
See ya...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds great ! I had a couple of business trips there a few years ago .. spent 6 weeks there on my second trip, and really enjoyed it. (bit of a culture shock on the first trip due the absolute poverty and shanty towns)

I avoided the dreaded Delhi Belly by the usual things (no ice in drinks, bottled water for brushing teeth, keep mouth closed in shower(!)). I had also heard that human manure is used for fertilizer, so I avoided all salads !!

But prob the best tip was to only eat in the 5* hotels !!!! Food was fab in the hotels. And we managed a trip to the Taj Mahal, some other other temples in Delhi, and the markets !! You defniitley have to do a shopping expedition !

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your trip !! Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Final Report on India...
Hyderabad - can't say much as I only really saw the inside of a hotel, taxi and office.
Bangalore - what a city - has grown incredibly fast over the last few years due to the influx of software jobs, but more recently call centres (as the software jobs move to Hyderabad). As a result the traffic is hideous - need to give yourself lots of time to get anywhere as the roads are one big traffic jam. Very modern approach to life - western billboards, shopping malls and restaurants so didn't really feel like I was experiencing 'India'. Fortunately have a good friend in the city who looked after me over the weekend and it was great to spend time with her family. The funniest thing was her parents reaction to eating with them. The custom in that part of the world is to eat with your fingers - even rice, and they were very surprised that I wanted to eat like they did - and didn't want to use the spoon they had got out specifically for me!
Then I had a fantastic week in Kerala... Very beautiful and green part of India - lots of coconut trees everywhere. Its the area that ayurvedic medicine comes from so had some amazing ayurvedic massages, where you get completely drenched in herbal oils and muscles feel like new at the end. Took an overnight trip on the Backwaters just observing life on the rivers/canals/lakes from the comfort of a houseboat. And the food - well I've never had seafood so good... Even at hotel prices the value was amazing - huge plate of langoustines for about £5...
Great country would recommend Southern India to anyone - particularly Kerala for a very relaxing holiday.

Now need to start planning for my snow holiday... snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountain mad, thanks for the report.................how about a snow holiday in india???
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy