Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Name needed, that doesn’t sound like a dating agency

Poster: A snowHead
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

........Marmot Mates?......

Not needed, thanks, Ratty
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SnowBuddies, has the warmth of the idea behind the proposal, plus that little bit of humour that Brits respond to Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, Ski Companions has it. I was about to suggest it and then found someone had already.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Companionski, might appeal to the Russians as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

OK then, time to vote

Ski Companions

or

Snow Buddies

or

Abstain (Any body skiing today alone in need)

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow Buddies!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No buddies is my vote.

Sorry, snow buddies.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went with the name SnowBuddy when I knocked up a web-app a few years back. Could be useful for you so people can do it from their phones?

Take a look... log in using your GMail credentials

http://wozza.appspot.com

If you want to take the idea forward let me know!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
warrell, looks like a great idea.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow mates
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chasseur, 2pissed2piste, shurley?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Ski Companions" - sounds like those little old ladies who used to hang around with those insane dragons on the Grand Tour in Edwardian times

or

"Snow Buddies" - too american and sounds like a dating agency

or

"Abstain (Any body skiing today alone in need)" - that should put off the drinkers ... and those in AA ... and any one thinking of hooking up. Sounds like a Christian 'no-sex' drive on the snow (all white and virginal) - "I'm saving myself for carving and powder - hands off!"

Got to be 'William's Snow Mates' - if they are intelligent enough to get it then they'll lap it up otherwise it's just a name.

Mr Marmot, glad to hear it.

If it has to be one of three: 'Snow Buddies' - for the pun alone.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
"Ski Companions" - sounds like those little old ladies who used to hang around with those insane dragons on the Grand Tour in Edwardian times

or

or

"Abstain (Any body skiing today alone in need)" - that should put off the drinkers ... and those in AA ... and any one thinking of hooking up. Sounds like a Christian 'no-sex' drive on the snow (all white and virginal) - "I'm saving myself for carving and powder - hands off!"

Got to be 'William's Snow Mates' - if they are intelligent enough to get it then they'll lap it up otherwise it's just a name.

Mr Marmot, glad to hear it.

If it has to be one of three: 'Snow Buddies' - for the pun alone.

I agree with RattytheSnowRat but if I've got to vote from the list it's got to be Snow Buddies.

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Hells Bells,

As a subscriber to the notion that
Quote:
He who travels alone travels furthest
, I sometimes find myself alone in places where it would be rude not to do some off-piste.

This app was my attempt to mitigate the dangers Skullie

I spoke to Graham about integrating it with Snowheads but there are much more useful things to be done.

I might do an Android app along the same sort of lines....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Out of the 3, Snow Buddies.

Billy Snow Mates is the best, though.
ski holidays
There's no buddies like snow buddies

Or There's nobody like snow-buddy
ski holidays
SnowBuddies gets my vote, there's snow question about it.
snow conditions
Lone rangers
snow report
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

or

Agreed - both pretty dreadful IMV.
snow report
(S)no Friends
ski holidays
warrell,

If you are going to expand on that app then I would link in the positonal powers of the phones so that people can track each other. If you can find a way to give limited access to other app users and an on/off switch inside the app then I think you are on to a winner. App purchaser sets up a user profile and skis around. If the app spots another 'app live' skier within set parameters then it can give an alert to both parties otherwise you could have an option to e-mail/message to suggest a meet up. Could also have a general transmit to other app users in the resort via SMS suggesting a meet up spot daily a la Warren's idea.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy