Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Christoph Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

just joined snow heads. going to St Christoph in Austria for 2013 with Inghams, fancied somewhere different form Levi or Filzmoos and surrounding area. Also the Chalet hotel had a fair number of single rooms as travelling on my own.

I'm a fair intermidiate skier but like to have the odd piy stop now and again, so just wondering what the area is like. mainly stick to red runs but have done a couple of blacks in the past.

thanks

wallyynot
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads.
The location give great access to the St Anton ski area and handy for the bus for Zurs/Lech. Great ski areas. Don't miss doing lunch at the Hospiz Alm across the road from your Hotel. The food in your hotel was said to be very good last season lets hope you get the same chef(s).
If you go on the lash in St Anton you need to know the bus timings or stump up for a taxi but you probably find fellow revellers in your Hotel. I was tempted by Ingham's early booking offer, it still looks good value, I might still find myself going there or to Lech.
Enjoy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wallyynot, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

As Lechbob says, you've got a good location for the St Anton ski area there. The run down to nearby Stuben from St Christoph is nice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'll love it there!
The Hospiz as mentioned above is one of the best ... probably the most interesting restaurants in the Alps.

And the skiing in and out of St Christoph is a good confidence builder.

Then just down the road is Zurs ...

I'm so jealous.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll love it there!
The Hospiz as mentioned above is one of the best ... probably the most interesting restaurants in the Alps.

And the skiing in and out of St Christoph is a good confidence builder.

Then just down the road is Zurs ...

I'm so jealous.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great info from everyone, really looking forward now to January, again many thanks for quick feedback.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wallyynot, Just a quick comment or two........St Christoph is undoubtedly one of the prettyest and ideal settings for a village, but it isnt a resort in the true sense of the word, its quiet and very hotels biased, and small in size, not much in way of apres I would think other than hotels. In its favour is its high, and very quick to get to top stations of Arlberg rgion. Only one piste down to it, lots of o/p opportunities but you'll likely always be skiing same pisted run (blue no Eight) back at night or bussing it. Personally I'd (ond do) stay in either St Anton or Stuben, would also stay in Zurs or Lech rather than St Christoph. Just my preference but I like loads of set out and return options re aspect, weather and snow conditions rather than being limited. Whatever its like saying do you prefer a Masarati Quattraporte or a Ferrari Enzo?, both brilliant just different! Enjoy!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29 wrote:
wallyynot, Just a quick comment or two........St Christoph is undoubtedly one of the prettyest and ideal settings for a village, but it isnt a resort in the true sense of the word, its quiet and very hotels biased, and small in size, not much in way of apres I would think other than hotels. In its favour is its high, and very quick to get to top stations of Arlberg rgion. Only one piste down to it, lots of o/p opportunities but you'll likely always be skiing same pisted run (blue no Eight) back at night or bussing it. Personally I'd (ond do) stay in either St Anton or Stuben, would also stay in Zurs or Lech rather than St Christoph. Just my preference but I like loads of set out and return options re aspect, weather and snow conditions rather than being limited. Whatever its like saying do you prefer a Masarati Quattraporte or a Ferrari Enzo?, both brilliant just different! Enjoy!
Hi Mark.

thanks for info, as i go skiing as Billy no mates, I tend to book with a tour company (Inghams). area is new to me and accomodation covered single travellers better than some hotels in the other resorts without having to pay crazy single suppliments.

i'll try as much as i can while there so i could be bussing it bacl some days.

Cannot wait.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Once in a lifetime you should sample the Krazy Kangaroo or Mooserwirt on the run down into St Anton for some apres, the cheesy Europop is difficult to endure sober but you are unlikely to be sober for long. Best done on the chalet staff's day off as you will probably miss dinner; have your you name and Hotel address on a label with the taxi fare to get you home. Try and ski the "White Ring" circuit from Zurs to Zug to Lech to Zurs, its my favorite day out with stops at the Champagne bar above Zug, lunch, beer, a sunbathe at Peterboden and some more beer at Zurs before getting the bus back.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lechbob wrote:
Once in a lifetime you should sample the Krazy Kangaroo or Mooserwirt on the run down into St Anton for some apres, the cheesy Europop is difficult to endure sober but you are unlikely to be sober for long. Best done on the chalet staff's day off as you will probably miss dinner; have your you name and Hotel address on a label with the taxi fare to get you home. Try and ski the "White Ring" circuit from Zurs to Zug to Lech to Zurs, its my favorite day out with stops at the Champagne bar above Zug, lunch, beer, a sunbathe at Peterboden and some more beer at Zurs before getting the bus back.
Hi Lechbob.

Sound really great, not sure if i will be able to fit all this in in one week !

Am really looking forward to going now with all these great comments.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can anyone advise how often te ski us runss and what time last bus is usually back from St Antonplease.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The run down to St C from top of Galzig takes about 15-20 mins max, one of the shorter and easier runs in Arlberg ski area. Regards last bus not sure, suggest you make contact with the Tourist Info in St Anton, they'll email you a link to the post bus website and be able to advise.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wallyynot wrote:
Can anyone advise how often te ski us runss and what time last bus is usually back from St Antonplease.

Nomally you would ski back before last lift.
The ski buses run frequently, not sure when the last one is.
The last post bus goes at 7.05 pm - so leave the bar at 6.45 Laughing
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/fahrplaene-so-wi/sommer2012/Fahrplan_StAnton_Lech_Sommer2012.pdf
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are night buses that run between St A and St C until about 2am IIRC, only a couple of euros. The times should be on the above website, although not sure if they've updated it for Winter yet.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Many thanks for feedbacks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy