Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Win an all Inclusive ski holiday for two at Banff/Lake Louise for £10 and help support the British M

Poster: A snowHead
Win an all Inclusive ski holiday for two at Banff/Lake Louise for £10 and help support the British Men’s Alpine Downhill team. (TJ Baldwin & Dougie Crawford)

As part of the team’s fundraising for the 2012/13 season a raffle has been organised with a fabulous holiday as first prize donated by Canadian Affair. There are just 1000 tickets on sale at just £10 each. This will hopefully raise £10k towards their overall target of around £50k.
The holiday consists of:-
Return flights from London Gatwick (economy) to Calgary flying with Air Transat.
7 night’s accommodation- Banff, staying at one of the Banff Lodging Companies hotels, Twin share, room only basis.
Return coach transfers to/from Hotel in Banff and Airport.
6 days tri area lift pass for Ski Big 3 = Sunshine Village, Mt Norquay and Lake Louise Ski Resort and inter resort transfers.

2nd prize – 1 week summer accommodation in Zell Am See, Austria
3rd prize – 1 pr of Atomic skis
4th prize – 1 pr of Head skis
Plus a number of other great prizes.

The draw will take place on 22nd Dec at the Norfolk Ski club.
For your tickets please email Andrew Baldwin on home@andrewbaldwin.ukfsn.org or PM me.
Tickets will also be on sale at the Earls Court ski show in October and various artificial slope races during the coming months.
Remember there are only 1000 tickets so it’s a good chance of winning a holiday for just £10.

Please help support the British No1 & No2 in Downhill, Super G, Super Combined & GS. They are getting NO financial support from BSS and are trying to qualify for the 2013 World Champs & 2014 Winter Olympics.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great Initiative... I hope they sell them all. I'll be buying as many as I can afford at the ski show.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in. I'll send an email. As above, great initiative and shame on the lottery for not funding enough minority sports.

All the best Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spud, Thanks, I will only be selling them on the Saturday at Earls Court.

Thanks to the first few Snowheads that have already bought some.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Plugboy, I was intending to go on the Saturday, so hopefully meet you then Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
spud, PM me you mobile number & I will call you there.

Thanks again for everyone buying tickets. Selling steadily, but could do with a bit more interest.

Remember only a £10 gamble to win a £2k ski holiday and help out the GB team.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anymore Snowheads want to buy a ticket?
These guys really need your support to race at World Cup & the World champs this season.
You could win a fantastic ski holiday!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plugboy, maybe if you put up some pictures of where the prize is etc, and the skis and you'd get some more interest. Get marketing it. You could even set up a facebook page for the comp.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wonder whether admin might be able to send out a mailer to registered sH's?

Email sent btw, Plugboy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does TJ use Twitter mate?

I heard today that 1 in 7 of the worlds population uses facebook now.

It seems Athletes who 'Tweet' seem to get the greatest exposure.

These tweets are linked to facebook and are automatically sent.

Then organisations pick up on the them and share with the public.

Apparantly the media use twitter now as the fastest tool to find news and stories.

My FB page seems to get articles and messages from the likes of Chemmy every other day, Ted Ligety and other high profile Athletes seem to fing the time to do it nearly every other day too. In fact Ted...considering how busy he probably is...is probably one of the most prolific bloggers and FB posters i know of any Athlete.

As has been said before...the public like to be kept up to date with what's going on.

Blogs kept up to date weekly...video blogs etc...all good for the profile.

If you're not in the public eye...then you'll get forgotten about.

Just trying to help... Very Happy
What happened to TJ posting on here?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Email sent Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pm sent
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plugboy, I'll take one and will be at the ski show.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got my ticket yesyerday so I thought I'd say thanks and give you a morning bump. Not going to the ski show so paid with pay pal no problem, quite painless and quick.
Thanks Plugboy.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got mine yesterday too, really hope I win... Banff is on my things to do before I'm 50 list Cool
ski holidays
My tickets arrived yesterday as well. Good luck everyone!
ski holidays
Excellent Smile I'll have one - how best to get you the money?
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, send plugboy a PM. You can pay with Paypal.
snow conditions
Plugboy, I'm in and PM sent Smile
latest report
Plugboy, If it's open to the Irish contingent then I'm in - PM on the way. Very Happy
snow report
shoogly wrote:
My tickets arrived yesterday as well. Good luck everyone!

got mine too, thanks
latest report
Hells Bells, all done - cheers Smile
snow report
got mine via facebook plug from racer ready by the way!!! Very Happy
snow report
Thanks for all the support and good luck to all those who have bought.
snow report
I will have a go please, I will buy 2 tickets.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, PM sent.
snow report
bump
snow conditions
Thanks Shimmy, hope you got your ticket?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tickets safely arrived Plugboy, many thanks.
latest report
How many are left?
snow conditions
Plugboy, Got my ticket today Smile
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k, I have 340 out of my 500 left. The other 500 are being sold by the other 1/2 of the team. So maybe they have the same?
ski holidays
I've got mine, thanks Plugboy.

Might be worth people sharing this thread on Facebook or other social media of choice, or just mailing a link round to people? Or is there another, "real" web page for the draw that we could use to promote it? I'm sure Dadmin must be getting ready to send out a pre-season snowmail soon, so maybe he could mention it to the masses too!
latest report
Filthyphil30k, Did you want any?
Ricklovesthepowder, No reply to my PM
snow report
Plugboy, thanks got mine yesterday Very Happy Ricklovesthepowder is going through tough time at the moment. I'm sure he will be in touch at some point Sad
ski holidays
Plugboy, Got my ticket yesterday - nice one and best of luck with the sales. What a load of old poo-poo that a world class athlete has to resort to raffles to fund a training and racing program, have you got any Irish relatives ? Maybe get in on the grannies/gramps rule .

By the way I work in a local school and run the school ski club ( only 12 members but we love it ) The kids want to give e1 each from their Friday lunch money for a ticket so I'll take another one on their behalf.
latest report
briand6868, bless them Very Happy There might be a scrum if they win the first prize Laughing
latest report
marmotte16, They are a great crowd of kids - we bring them to Dublin on Fridays (1oo mile round trip) freestyle (with Fattes 13), racing, boarding,skiing or just hanging out. Most have part-time jobs to pay their way - I can see "issues" if we win one of the first 2 prizes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Got mine thanks.
Those who are using Paypal: DONT FORGET TO MARK IT AS A GIFT. I forgot, and that lost them nearly a £.
ski holidays
I'm in, mine arrived too - many thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy