Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow cover in Les Breviere, Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

thinking of the first week of January in Tignes Les Breviere, and wondered about sking back to the village. I know every year is different but has any one any experience they can share.

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great place to stay in general, though obviously a bit of a strain to get to the extremes of Val D and back. Snow wise you'll have nae bother. Go for it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow cover will be fine, and worst worst worst case you'd simply catch the gondola down. If some kind of utter catastrophe happened, you could still get a bus from any other part of Tignes to Les Boisses, and then a gondola up, gondola down!

But no. Snow cover will be fine, except if something truly extraordinary happens.

If you've got a car, you can get a head start on the 'to Val D and back' excursion by driving round to Le Lac and parking under the Office du Tourisme - the pedestrian exit then comes out onto the snow, right next to that Aeroski lift. I did that every day on my trip there in March, and the drive took about 12 minutes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnjeff, Best place to ski from in EK IMO and free car parking, great pizzas at L'Armailee (if thats how its spelt.............the one across the bridge with the big cooking pot outside anyway). Snow will be fine, save some gas in the tank (or legs) for that last run home though wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

thanks for your help folks, its always good to get local knowledge.

cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnjeff, Last year there was about 3 metres of the stuff at that time!

The runs down from the Tignes links don't get much sun and so hold their cover pretty well and as other have said worst comes 2 the worst you can easily downride the bubble.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And providing you are reasonably quick on a red you can easily do all 4 corners of the E-K piste map in a day snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do not even worry about it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do not even worry about it!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seriously don't worry about it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If I were you, I would indulge myself in only a bare minimum of worry.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnjeff wrote:
Hi all

thinking of the first week of January in Tignes Les Breviere, and wondered about sking back to the village. I know every year is different but has any one any experience they can share.

thanks

If the runs to Brev (1550m) aren't open by then, the other resorts in the region will be in BIG trouble! In my 4 seasons in Tignes the runs to Brev were open for Xmas, and stayed open past Easter.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You will be very unlucky not to be able to ski down to Brev. It always possible to take the Brevieres chair lift down from Tignes Les Boisses at the end of the day. Suspect it would be about 1630 closure at that time of year. You can take the free bus down to Les Boisses from the other villages. Was in Brev. a couple of years ago for a fortnight in April. It was boiling but still managed to get down to Brev apart from the last few days when we took the chairlift
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr Piehole,

Do you have to pay for the car parking and if so how much (I'm going to be doing the drive/ski thing to Tignes nearly next year)?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
Great place to stay in general, though obviously a bit of a strain to get to the extremes of Val D and back

I timed it back from the top of the glacier at Le Fornet (ie furthest point of Val D'Isere) to Les Brev last year....

If I remember corectly, in end of season mush (late April/early May) Mrs MA and I spent about 35 mins on the lifts and completed the trip in about 1 hour 20 mins. That was skiing steadily in the slush - ie nothing daft in terms of speed - with minimal queues at the main points out of Val D'Isere. We waterskied into Les Brev (!!) - it would be faster with winter snow cover.

RattytheSnowRat
Quote:
Do you have to pay for the car parking and if so how much
Tignes has free parking at Les Brevieres (massive outdoor car park, next to the gondola) and Les Boisses (smaller outdoor car park, next to the gondola) - which leads me to question why Mr Piehole suggests
Quote:
If you've got a car, you can get a head start on the 'to Val D and back' excursion by driving round to Le Lac and parking under the Office du Tourisme
- because the suggested parking spot is a(n expensive) pay car park Confused.....
ski holidays
Depending on age/fitness/ability the journey from Les Brevs to the top of Toviere might be offputting, before you're even in Val d'Isere. We drove round to that exact spot every day because although staying in Les Brevs, we had a ski school booking in Le Lac, and it worked out nicely for us.

Fiver or a tenner a day I seem to remember in that car park. Price of a pint or two basically.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy