Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best plan of action to go skiing....from Southampton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I'm fortunate enough to have found a job that pays me enough for me to go skiing. I'm aiming on a trip to Japan late Jan but am curious if others in a similar area have gone away for a weekend somewhere and if its was worth it/how expensive it was.

I could potentially fly to Scotland on fri and get sat, sun in. Not sure what connections are like though from airports to mountains and how pricey lodging is.. Everything in continent seems to require renting a car as its weekend, and even then its probably not worth it.

So.. fridges are too far really for a day trip and a bit boring, and the Southampton dry slope is a 5 min drive away but am unsure of how good it is.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timmaah, Flybe always look pricey out of Southampton but you're only 90 minutes to Gatwick. So, Gatwick to Geneva on EJ and then grab a minibus transfer to wherever or Gatwick to Innsbruck and just grab a taxi.

You could do Scotland by train from there. Southampton to Waterloo, cross London via tube to Kings X and then overnight sleeper to Aviemore, ski, B&B, ski, sleeper back. Bit of a schlep for a couple of days but doable certainly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmaah, I'm based just outside Southampton and find best thing to do is fly out from Heathrow on BA or Swiss after work on Friday, back late Sunday, two full days skiing and no time off work required Very Happy Flights usually about £120 to £150 if booked well in advance and of course this is including ski carriage.

Gatwick is also an option but take a bit longer to get there.

I've only used Flybe from Soton when skiing for a week, flight times just don't work for a weekend trip unfortunately. Have also looked at flying to Scotland but to get reasonable flight prices you need to book in advance and in my book it's too much of a risk when same cost of flights can get you to the Alps

I've just bought a Campervan so if I decide on a road trip to Scotland ill let you know if we have some spare room!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info guys!

Roger C, did you rent a car on the other end? Or did you go to places easily accessible by train? Thanks for offer Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We usually rent a car as train times don't tend to work with late arrivals on a Friday
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Annd which resort do you usually go to? I'm guessing you fly into Geneva and hit up one of the resorts close by?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can fly from Bournemouth to Geneva, Timmaah. Bit more pricey but possibly less hassle?

For mountains near Geneva I think you can't do much better than Les Carroz in the GM.

Links to Morillons, Samoens, Flaine - quite high and the Milk Hotel (formerly the Bois de la Char) at the bottom of the Les Timolets red into LC is a reasonably-priced ski-in, ski-out hotel run by a good guy called Christophe. It has a good bb&em offer and a bar. Ten minutes' walk into the village if you want to go further afirld in the evening.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Few years back I used Flybe from S'ton to Chambery and on weekdays it was sensibly priced. Then train (close) to the resort(s).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check EasyJet from Bournemouth, always cheaper than flying from Southampton, and some real bargains to be had.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy