Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lengths of pistes at L2A - for comparison with other resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Only recently ski-ed at L2A recently and wanting to go elsewhere (as yet undecided).

Want to compare piste distances with pistes we know from L2A, such as Cretes, the two blues on the tow bars on the glacier, Jandri between glacier restaurant and toura, Signal, Thuit 2 (bobbly blue thuit),petite aiguille blue.

I tried finding this info on the net but failed miserably.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dobby, the Cretes and the glacier runs are pretty short ones 1km perhaps, most resorts will have something similar. Jandri is 600m vertical, at a guess it's probably about 4 - 5 km long. Most reasonable sized resorts have a fair selection of different lengths of pistes. You can always stop for a breather. As a comparison the run from the top at Cervinia/Zermatt down to Valtournenche is 22km a real leg burner Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, thanks Colin. I was guessing about 1km for the glacier and Crete. Just that we were thinking of Passo Tonale for various reasons, but many of the runs are fairly short (most 1km ish or even shorter) - some of the reds are a little longer. Ideally, we could do with somewhere with some nice long blues.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dobby, If you fancy Italy Cervinia would suit, loads of long cruising blues. I don't know many other Italian resorts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I second Colin B, suggestion of Cervinia.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite wrote:
I second Colin B, suggestion of Cervinia.
but if you want anything more challenging you would have to treck over the top to Zermatt. If you are just looking for long blue motorways it is perfect.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dobby, my impression is that the claimed total lenght of pistes in L2A (I think 200km) seems to not stack up to other similar resorts , eg 200km in les Arcs seems to offer a whole load more skiing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy