Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan Piesey

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Thinking of booking Chalet Gentiane in Plan Piesey. Any information about chalet o more importatly the skiing. Is it ok for a couple of ladies who like greens and very easy blues ? Can you get in and out of resorts to these areas ok ?
Many thanks
John
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are plenty of easy runs (all blue - no greens at this resort) and nearly all of the reds in the area are wide and not overly steep.

I should add that I believe the entire paradiski system to be very beginner friendly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnbushrod, I've only passed through on skis a few times but mental note has been made - a good place to stay Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice trees in bad weather and good powder piste runs, the gateway to Les Arcs
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnbushrod, It looks fantastic from the outside & is in a great position. An easy 5mins from the lifts & very close to Le Solan - nice resto. The chalet was new last year. With regards to your 2 ladies & their liking for easy blues/greens, the Peisey lift drops you off at a lovely blue & there is a green road, Foret then Retour Plan Peisey which will get them home. Timing will be important for them, as I'd recommend they avoid Club Med return to base times. Or they can always play on the high blues & catch the lift down if they don't fancy the road. It's a great resort to progress in. When are you going? If you think of anything else, just pm me - we have an apartment just in front of Chalet Gentiane.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent location and easy to get to and from.

Only word of advice that at some times of year, usually late season, the last bit of the runs to Peisey can be cut up and icy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnbushrod, there's some useful info in this thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223 but as it's 3/4 years old then some of the info about bars/restaurants is probably somewhat out of date. They've haven't change the pistes much, apart from putting in a little lift up from la vache restaurant and a piste to service it
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That little lift does close for much of day I think. Only open in morn and after lunch
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris, Parchey lift does close 12.30 - 13.30 & I'm not sure if it's open at weekends. Good excuse for a long lunch Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The beginers area at the top of the Grizzly lift is wide and gentle and usually has excellent snow. Many beginers or people who do not fancy the slightly harder run back to the resort take the Peisey lift back down again. The lift is set up for easy downloading.

Though there are no green runs in Les Arcs (they just do not use that classification instead they use mauve areas) I would say this is an excellent area for ladies who like blue and green runs.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And La Foret is such a green run it is untrue - I guess it is only classed as blue as it is narrow - a lovely cruise for tired legs, just keep cruising otherwise you'll have to walk lower down!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stayed in Peisey last Jan and had a great week. Final couple of days we had fresh snow and the lifts ran while those at Les Arcs didn't. Area directly above is great, if a bit cat-tracky for my personal tastes, especially first thing in the morning before you've had a chance to warm up properly.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways, can one avoid those cat-tracky bits?
Specially on the way and back to 1800?
Maybe by taking all lifts up on the way and ski reds in between. It is not too much fun on the board.
I studied the piste map a lot and it seems like you can avoid most of those narrow blue runs if you stick to reds and take every lift available up. If you know what I mean.

Paradiski is our main contender for this winter trip with Peisey identified as a base Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tom W, The snowboarders in our group manage perfectly well, by doing exactly what you describe - & also by taking a few exciting routes throught the trees. Have fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tom W, By cat-tracks I assume you mean Maitaz. It can be readily avoided by taking the Derby lift (still, I believe, the only lift named after an East Midlands town) then either coming down Reche or the other cutoffs from Belette to the main run down the south side of Arc 1800. If this does not appeal then you can nip over to Arc 2000 from mid height.

Le Foret, Plan Bois and Maitaz are not much fun on skis never mind a board,
snow report
genepi, Hi
Thanks for the information.
We have not been before but I am sure that there is some great skiing.
We are going on 5th Jan.
My main concern is for two of the ladies who are not very confident. We have been to serveral resorts Tignes, Corcheval, Alp d'Heuz, Val dsare which have been chosen with them in mind. All of these resorts have had a lot of green runs and very easy blues which is about their limit. It is nice however if they can travel about a bit as they would get very fed up on the nursery slopes and they are better that that.

So I was just trying to find out what te runs were like (seemingly blue) and if they would be able to get out of the resort easily and travel about alittle but keeping to very easy pieste and then get back to the resort. It is difficult to judge this just from a pieste map.

Another question you might be able to answer - is the cable car across to plagne open on the 5th Jan ?

Kind Regards
John
snow report
Quote:

Another question you might be able to answer - is the cable car across to plagne open on the 5th Jan ?

Yes
ski holidays
johnbushrod, it is really easy to get to and from Peisey and get a wide variety of easy skiing in - we've skied from Vallandry for years and were looking for easy runs with young children.

The Vallandry bowl and the runs down from Derby and Vallandry lifts will keep you happy all week
ski holidays
johnbushrod, They'll be able to get all over Les Arcs on nice blues if they're keen to travel around. 5th Jan is good, as it should be quiet after the Christmas hols. The runs round Peisey & Vallandry are tree lined & pretty - the reds aren't as red as the ones in Val d'Isere either. Foret crosses all of them, so they can always bail if the next segment looks too steep. 1600 is also pretty. The blues are mostly nice & wide, & as I said, Foret (a road in summer), although shown as blue on the piste map, is really green - it runs right from the top of the Grizzly lift back down to Plan Peisey, if they want to do that. But have them try Renard, from the top of the Derby lift. Or even the top bit of Bellette (red, but easy top bit if you keep wide) to a blue path over towards 1800.
The Vanoise Express will be open, but if you want to remain friends with the two women in your party, I'd suggest you leave them on the Les Arcs side, as the run back to the lift on the La Plagne side can be tricky wink For a week, there will be plenty to keep them happy without going over there.
latest report
I stayed in Chalet Gentiane last year - it's a great chalet, just refurbished, and really really good value for money. Perfectly located to get the most out of the whole ski pass. Massive selection of easy/medium difficulty runs in the immediate vicinity, and lots of trees. Will be heading back there next year I think.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy