Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet Seat Allocation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Indeed, for a 2 day break or business it is great not having to wait for luggage coming off the carousel. I use a permitted size case which is perfect for the job. Perhaps airplanes should be fitted out to meet current needs.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Perhaps airplanes should be fitted out to meet current needs

You'd think that the no frills airlines would come up with a design that takes 3 wheelie cases in an overhead locker provided for 3 seats. Or use the locker that would be for business class suit jackets on BA/LH etc. as a place to stash multiple wheelie bags. Nobody needs to access them in flight anyway.
Or give a £5 voucher to everyone that leaves such bags at the door and collect when exitting the plane.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:

.............. We can choose. Aren't we lucky? People who moan constantly about it are probably too young to remember how ruinously expensive it used to be to fly anywhere.

That's so true pam w, I can remember regularly paying £350 to fly economy between London and Stockholm in the late 70's with both BA and SAS. I could do it for less than £100 today if I pick my flights and book early enough. What else has reduced in cost so much over thirty years later? Computers, I suppose.

But, still I moan about Easyjet and Ryanair, when really I should probably be grateful!

It is all the petty rules and also the 'punishment' charges they like to make at every opportunity, that just annoy me. Booking and travelling with them is rarely a pleasure but always a fear that a silly trangression is going to cost me dearly!

I love the concept of Easyjet and Ryanair, I just hate they way they operate.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

£350 to fly economy between London and Stockholm in the late 70's with both BA and SAS.

£350 in 1979 is the equivalent of £1582 in today's prices. 1976 = £2300. So even with so-called "punishment" charges (which I've not come across with easyJet, and I v rarely fly Ryanair because Stansted doesn't suit me) the price today is an unbelievable bargain!

People pay more for a ticket to a football match, or pop concert, than to fly on a bargain break.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Mr Marmot"]
pam w wrote:

.............. We can choose. Aren't we lucky? People who moan constantly about it are probably too young to remember how ruinously expensive it used to be to fly anywhere.

True. Makes me think of erotic exoticism in Mark Kermode's Eat, Pray, Love review.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00b7njs

Also check out his one on sex and the city 2 if you've got a slow afternoon. Potentially the best review ever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8712211.stm

J
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The last time I went skiing I took about 250-300kg of baggage, which if added to the weight of the car could have got pricey even with the least 'Budget' airline. So I left a day earlier, took the ferry and drove. The overall cost was about the same as budget airline + bag(20kg including boots) + skis/poles. I did have the 200 odd kg of extras chucked in (waxing iron, tools, vices, more skis, Blu Ray player, more skis, wii, more skis and 8 hours to listen to my learn to speak french mp3 collection.

Kesone1 I just checked out the second clip. You should try this: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/burkas-and-birkins/Content?oid=4132715 It gets a bit sweary Laughing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 25-10-12 22:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Marmot wrote:

I presume that those who don't pay are allocated a seat number at the airport. I presume those travelling in groups will be purposely allocated seats away from each other to 'encourage' them to pay for seats in the future where they want to sit next to their friends or family.

The only airline I've used that use this 'allocated seatin' system was Aer Lingus. Thay give similar staggered price structure (extra leg room, standard, free) and if you choose not to allocate at time of booking you select your free seat when you do your online check-in upto 48 hours in advance. I didn't check-in online for the return leg and still got seats with my partner on a pretty full flight.

Answer is check-in online as early as poss or turn up to check-in at the airport before the crowds, seems an ok system to me!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy