Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria - Salzbergerland accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
I'm a newbie, so go easy on me. I am sorry to ask, but does anyone have suggestions on where I can book an apartment for anywhere in this area at a reasonable price?
Here is our dates.....
arriving anywhere from 10-15dec2012 to 20jan2013
and then again
arriving approx 23feb2013 to 20mar2013.
Reason for the gap in between is that we are going to Thailand for a wedding and to see family so do not require an accommodation during this time.
We do not require it to be fully furnished (however a bed and sofa would be nice) and do not need linen or kitchen supplies etc as we can bring our own.
We require something in the Salzburgerland area as we will be buying a Allstar Season Ski pass or a Salzburg Super Ski Season pass.
We are really flexible with our dates so we can work around the landlord/owner.
I should also add that our budget is 700euro per month, so we are really interested in finding something private or do a houseshare thing etc.
2 adults - double
we can stay off the slopes as we have a car and getting around for us is easy.
any advice would be appreciated.
cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Email tourist offices for various resorts/villages in the vicinity (google will turn them up).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
golfel, Sorry I couldn't help you at that budget but I wonder if you might find somewhere less obvious, like Saalfelden? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
golfel, Get in touch with the Tourist Office for somewhere like Bischofshofen (Salzburgerland Superski area) or Kufstein (Allstar area). A long term rental should not be a problem in the winter months in these areas as their main trade is not directly related to skiing.

You may get a long term off the slope rental for that price but you really need to search on the ski resort sites for places that are possible. I would think looking at the towns like Bischofshofen and Kufstein, maybe Wörgl and Hallein as well will throw up some better options. Basically you really want to be looking at holiday lets that are primarily aimed at the summer market to get a good deal. I rented a place for a time just off the A8 in Germany that was a summer let and got it "Pauschal" for the winter - all-inclusive it was 750 Euro fully furnished including all the linens as well. I would also "tempt" the landlords with the widest range of dates, so say 1st December to 30th March/14th April, even if you are not going to use all that time. Once you have them interested you can negotiate the exact timings accordingly. That's what I did when I first came out here. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
golfel, sent you a pm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi everyone,
thanks for your replies....i've contacted the tourist offices as per clarky999 and have some great replies and offers.
I will also look at Tatman's Tours and samerberg sue's recommendations.
appreciate your quick replies.
cheers,
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy