Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights too Sapporo from London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to book flights for Jan 2013 this week and was wondering if anybody has any experiance of taking skis with JAL (costs etc).Or can anybody suggest a carrier who has a favourable policy with reference to skis on this journey?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I normally fly KLM & Korean (Cardiff - Amsterdam - Seoul - Sapporo) and haven't had a problem taking skis.

Also flown ANA and JAL for the Sapporo to Tokyo legs. No problem.

And Virgin from Tokyo to London. No problem.

It's in your total luggage allowance. Think it's 20 kg.

I take a laptop bag and a North Face 40l hold all that can carry my ski boots, kneebrace and a change of clothes on board with me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would go with a flight to Tokyo on Virgin, then change to Skymark (japanese budget airline). On Virgin, you get an extra 23kgs with your skis (on top of your standard 23), then on skymark you have to pay 1000 yen for your ski bag, which is less than a tenner. I just booked return flights on Virgin for £560, and skymark should cost less than 10'000 yen each way. Only pain is that you have to change between Narita and Haneda.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
780 quid for me, and I say goodbye to my bags in Cardiff and don't see them until I get to Chitose.

Did the change in Tokyo thing once. Never again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jimmer, think we've discussed a similar topic on NS!? If you're coming into Narita, have a look at Air Asia, they've recently started flying Narita - Chitose. Sample prices looking at December are around 6,000. And you can book now rather than having to wait for 2 months before as with Skymark.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, I am going to hang out with a mate in tokyo for a few nights first though, makes it much less painful, I'll blackcat my bags in Narita, so I won't see them until Hirafu. Also had a lot of issues trying to change the connecting flight to Tokyo last year so I could go on holiday in SE Asia, was impossible and a massive pain so staying flexible this year!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha, yeah Magseven we probably have, I'm Rosbif on there. Yeah I'll have a look at Airasia, they were great for me around Asia last year, lots of hidden costs with them though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy