Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania appartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI all,
We are planning a trip to La Tania next Easter (2 adults, 2 kids) self-catering, self-drive. Have stayed in the Britannia appts before which were fine but a bit cramped. The other two options seem to be Christiana which have been recently refurbished and very central (might be a bit noisy in the evening apparently) or the Saboia which are somewhat cheaper and have larger appts but are further out of town and look a bit more 'tired' from the pics. Would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who has experience of these or other apps in the resort. thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Louise from Peak Retreats here.

Le Christiana is ski-in/ski-out at the foot of the slopes and is right in the centre of town, close to the lifts, shops and ski schools. Our previous holidaymakers in Le Christiana have made comments about noise between midnight and 2am, but others have said that it wasn't a problem.

La Seboia is further out but you can ski straight to the lifts via a blue slope and ski back to the residence (snow permitting). It is 300m from the resort centre via a footpath.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

others have said that it wasn't a problem.

they're the ones who were making the noise... wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philipb, Have a look at the apartments on latania.co.uk. We decided on the buildings across the road. You take the lift up to the slopes. Turned out to be excellent and much newer than the original blocks. No noise problems.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philipb wrote:
HI all,
... or the Saboia which are somewhat cheaper and have larger appts but are further out of town and look a bit more 'tired' from the pics. Would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who has experience of these or other apps in the resort. thanks

La Tania is not really big enough to justify a label of being 'further out of town'... IMO... Surely wherever you stay you will only be a max of 5 mins walk...???Unfortunately, if you don't want potential noise from the couple of bars etc, then that little bit further away from the centre is what you'll prob end up having to do... But still it will be like being in the middle of the place... And it is a lovely place to walk around

I have stayed in La Tania several times and have never been bothered by noise...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed in Saboia last year and it was fine. The walk into "town" is trivial really. I wouldn't even describe it as out of town, it's just not right in the centre. To put it in context, a (very)well thrown snowball from Saboia would carry far enough to threaten those drinking in the pub. It is ski out and almost ski-in (if you can manage the wee track round the back). I thought it was a great location and will go back. It was no more cramped than any other 1 bed apartment i've stayed at in france. Maybe a little bigger
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philipb, there is also the grand bois apartments as well, not sure which company handles them but sure another Snowhead was there last year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. ended up going for Christiana as does look rather nicer and will be easy for the kids to go out on their own to look round shops, play out on the slope etc. Asked for a higher appt so hopefully don't think noise should be an issue.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy