Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lauberhorn 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I have booked a long weekend in Murren over the WC weekend.

The Lauberhorn website is quite poor and not very clear on types of tickets available (for the downhill) and what each one of the types offerd actually means (eg what does a general admission ticket allow you to do?)

Has anyone been? What type of ticket would you go for (general admission vs grandstand)?

Thanks very much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franga, Ok

Holders of a Jungfrau Ski Region Sportpass have no free access to the Lauberhorn Races, neither the holders of a skipass valid for more than 3 days nor the holders of a seasonal sportpass.
You may not use the Innerwengen, Wixi and Lauberhorn chairlifts with your sportpass as long as the Races are not finished. But if you buy a General Admission Pass you can.

Essentially what this means is that you can't get to the top of the course without one, however there is a huge viewing area with a giant TV screen just below Wengeralp station so you can get there on the train, watch people come over the Hudschopf live and watch the rest of the course on the TV.

General Admission is really only any good if you want to be able to use the 3 chairlifts during the race, but you don't need to, Grandstand gives you a nice spot at the end of the course to watch the finish and again a large screen TV to watch the rest of the race, Grandstand is good because you can sit down, the race is quiet long and having a dry seat can be good

When I watched I was incredibly lucky and got given a Gold Card which is basically Grandstand or reserved platform and free food and drink (and very nice it was too)

But if you have a ski pass I'd watch at Wengeneralp, you miss out on finish but you get to see a bit more of the course and theres a good atmosphere there as well

If you are just there for the Weekend the special 3 day sport pass is the equivalent (I think) to a ski pass plus General Admission Pass

http://www.lauberhorn.ch/en/offers/ticketing/Lauberhorn-Sportpass-
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf thank you!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy