Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - Chalet Freida

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here before. I think it's new to Ski Total this year and has had a slight refurb, however keen to find out if anyone has stayed here, knows where it is etc?

Also, we are a mixed group of 15 going in mid March, so just wondering is the resort really that bad for beginners?

Any information would be gladly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not stayed there but from the description the location sounds good for beginners.

The resort is not terrible for beginners really, there are some options. It's not perfect, there are some tough areas you don't want to end up and there are not many easy blue motorways but there's some easier stuff if you look around and a trip to Zurs would be a good idea for them at the end of the week if they are not in ski school all week. The beginner slopes are in Nasserein so they'll be walking distance from that chalet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For beginners I would not recommend it. Most (if not all) of the runs down to the village are narrow and get bumpy quickly with plenty of struggling skiers on them. Ah and then there are the drunk ones too. Lech should be better.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The nursery slopes at Nasserein are right at the bottom of the hill, so complete beginners will not need to contend with the main run down at all, they can just stumble directly in to the Fang Bar Happy. Also, Rendl is a good place for advanced beginners at the end of the week (although the run down is a red run, so perhaps beginners would take the lift down from there).

But yes, I agree that beginners maybe would not enjoy the main run down from Galzig at the end of a day if they got up there at all... better to take the cable car home from there!

Lech is far from perfect, the last couple if hundred metres down their blue runs are actually very steep (for blue runs), and they can get busy too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mhays1983, Agree with all the above, my advice would be Ischgl mid March, same sort of place but less extreme and plenty of motorways/ steady blues, also plenty of apres to go at. St Anton IMO is best tackled with 2-3 seasons minimum under beginners belts, so much to go at it'd be frustrating to ski so little of it, yet could dent confidence if people got carried away and got caught out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy