Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Impressions: FlyLow Baker bibs and Quantum jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bumping this because there are some on sale at http://eur.flylowgear.com - just bought some !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic price for a great product. I have skied my Higgins jacket for about seven weeks over two seasons. Wonderful hard wearing jacket which allows me to keep cool through the vents and ability to adjust the layers beneath ( merino T-shirt +\- mid fleece ).

Only complaint would be that the hood, though great for skiing, is pretty large and I do not like it flopping around behind me in resort/airport. Not from the hoody generation though!! Also the loops to attach to the pants could be a bit stronger too (may have been improved since 2013).

Mines in black and purchased for more from the States. If I did not think it would last a few more years I would buy another one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thought I might as well update this old thread rather than start a new one, it's also a good time to do this as there is some very nice kit on the flylow Europe site right now. I've had four generations of the baker Bib and the Quantum jacket now and used then hard each season, each year they hold up well and I have no complaints at all, and keep coming back to the same setup for a reliable resort and side country outfit with great breathability and waterproofing which says a huge amount about their appeal to a skier.

Last season I also got a couple of extra bits from their lifestyle and glove range. Firstly I got hold of the handle tech shirt, and wow! What a beautiful bit of kit. For someone who is a gear whore this shirt really ticks all the boxes, fit, and colours are on point and the yeti wool fabric feel really smooth and works well at keeping the shirt fresh feeling all day. I have some similar tech shirts from the likes of icebreaker and burton and out of them the Flylow Handlebar is my favourite, casual enough to wear for a cheeky beer and smart enough for a posh meal, spot on.

I also got the Ridge glove last season, I wanted to try them out as the price was good and the styling matches my suit...yeah I know maybe not good reasons but this is a company I trust to turn out good gear so the risk of getting a duff product was minimal and what do you know, yes they do exactly what they say on the box! Hard wearing, stylish and comfortable they do the job in most conditions I ski in Austria apart from the super cold days, these have been my go-to gloves for most days. Previously I have been luckily enough to get my gear for free, so I have been spoilt with top of the range and expensive kit, and I had my reservations about the relatively low price and minimal features and they do reflect this. They are simplistic and the leather is not up to the likes of Hestra, but they are a lot cheaper and have a lovely to the touch fleece liner. The leather is very breathable and sweaty hands have not been a problem at any point, Come the end of the season they need re-proofing but once this is done they should be ready to go!

I've got the Blaster glove and templeton riding hoody this season so I'll put some thoughts down here after getting some early turns in Hintertux in December, ski ya later!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I purchased a Higgins Jacket three years ago. Imported it from the states and some cost after seeing some great reviews. Use it through the season mainly off-piste. Loads of venting and comfortable softcell feel. Only complaint are that the rings to attach pants do not last long.

Came across a website www.classicbrokers.co.uk that purported to sell them at about a third the price. I thought must be outdated stock but took a punt on the Quantum jacket. Could not find a pro/con reviews on the internet. Only after checking my credit card bill did I find that the company is actually china based. Also goes as www.cantseeme.co.uk (very apt it seems).

After three weeks a counterfeit appearing North Face jacket arrived. I immediately returned the jacket and demanded my money back. I have now had two months of emails from the company offering me 15% refund and saying it is unfair that they have to refund me as they sent me a jacket and it was not their fault I did not like it (it was no Flylow ski jacket). Deny receiving the jacket back too.

So in essence I have been conned. Should have known as the discount was so huge. Beware.
Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy